Steps to bulk priming

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brente1982

Reaction score
So ive decided with my latest brew im going to bulk prime as my last 2 have been so over carbonated its been a joke.

So ive got the calculator and know how much dextrose to use, but its the process of getting it disolved properly i want some tips on.

Ive heard that placing it in the bottom of the secondary fermenter prior to running from the primary into it is a good way, but will it fully disolve properly?? Ive also read that adding it to as little water as it will take to disolve it and possibly boiling it is another way then cooling prior to adding to secondary fermenter??

Which way works best in peoples opinions or are they equally the same???

Cheers

Definitely boil up the sugar to help it dissolve.
I start racking into the priming vessel (gently, through a silicon hose into the bottom) then gently add my solution. The racking action mixes it through adequately.

Some people do tap to tap.

I used to boil it, put it in the secondary and rack onto it, didn't normally cool it as my Brew would usually be at 2c and would cool it pretty quickly.. One fv higher than the other and hose between the 2 taps, rack slowly until the tap was covered then have at it

Bulk priming threads are gonna rival the STC threads at this rate.

Here's a recent one.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/74358-bottle-priming-calculator/#entry1060031

Boil your sugar, tip it into a clean fermenter or cube and gently transfer your future beer onto it. I don't stir or swirl. My plastic hose slips onto my fermenter tap, I open it fully and that is sufficient to mix the sugar solution and beer.

Tap to tap is an interesting idea I am yet to try. I will though.

Boil 200ml of water and dextrose (take water of heat when you mix), boil for 5 mins, dump in the bottom of bottling vessel, (trasnfer the wort on top however you choose) and bottle away. Don't sweat about it mixing.....it just happens. Let it be

I put 200mls with the sugar and nuke it on 50% power for 10 mins should kill every last living organism in there.
Add to sanatised fermenter/bottling bucket
Add fermented wort via hose, no fancy tap to tap here!
Let it sit for 20mins - the time it takes to sanatise my bottles. This makes sure the sugar solution is mixed in.
Bottle away!

Latest posts

Back