Steam Exchange

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmsy

Reaction score
Am proberlly am going to make a day trip down south on Sunday with the missus and was thinking at checking out The Steam Exchange Brewery. Was wandering on peoples views on there beers? Can you tell me what to expect??

http://www.steamexchange.com.au/index.html

Good blokes and ladies, good beer. Try the full range and make your own mind up.
You should enjoy it :) .

C&B
TDA

you wont be able to resist the truffles! its also good to check out the brewery. very good spot.

Is 'Grubbys' erm 'Dopeys' still open?

tdh

Looks like i may be over in Adelaide for a week or two with work shortly, so i may have to give this place a visit along with Grumpy's

Rook

I dont know if its still open but it sure went downhill in the last few years. I drove an hour to buy some brew supplies from them and they told me that they were to busy to put my recipe together. I could understand it if they were busy but this was at 10am and I was the only customer there. They no longer got my fortnightly oreder because of this.

Last time I went there the three beers that they had on tap all tasted like glue.

off topic i seen about 2 weeks ago Grumpys was up for sale in the advertiserso maybe a new owner soon

I dropped in to steam exchange the other day with a mate - had a few nice beers! My favourite was the steam ale, wish I'd brought some more home.

Can get some Steam Exchange at burnside village cellars, also at the kings head. Great beer!
Had a rather long session on them at the kings head last saturday, lovely beers indeed.
Anyone know anywhere else?

Can get some Steam Exchange at burnside village cellars, also at the kings head. Great beer!
Had a rather long session on them at the kings head last saturday, lovely beers indeed.
Anyone know anywhere else?

The Duke of Brunswick, Gilbert St, normally has one on tap.

The Duke of Brunswick, Gilbert St, normally has one on tap.

Duke of Brunswick has consistently had the Steam Ale on tap the last few times I was there.

Wish there were more pubs around town with Steam Exchange beers on tap...

The Colonist on Norwood Parade has Steam Exchange on tap, plus a good selection of micros in bottle

Back