Stc Wiring For Brown_hound

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I am not a fan of using screw terminals without an interposing leaf or box on bare stranded 'flexible cord' cables. The bare screw tends to mush and cut through the fine wires, only really getting a solid connection on a few of the strands. Bluepoints and the like are better used with 'building wire' or TPS for domestic fixed wiring. For a fridge this is unlikely to pose a problem but there will be people using the same parts for 10 or 15A heater terminations. This is getting a bit pedantic but I think it is worth being aware of - just keep an eye on how the screw crushes the copper.

It's a bit hard to see in the picture, but the two earth cables are both running into this BP connector..

Same as how both earth cables run into either side of the terminal block..

So with your mockup, just take the earth cable out from either side of the terminal block, then strip approximately 1.5cm worth of insulation back from copper conductors, twist together, then bend back the copper in half.

Secure then with the BP, ensuring both screws screw into copper (not insulation) nice and firmly.

This will give a really good quality earth, maintaining its integrity from the fridge casing, all the way back to the switchboard..
like this???? or should i use a single connector with 2 screws like your pic and obviouslt wire goes through so both screws secure copper

P1100069.JPG

like this????

Yep, like that, but in the blue connector I have pictured..

They also come in clear but look more or less the same....

Edit: sorry mate, I just noticed your edit after I typed it all up..

Yep, like that, but in the blue connector I have pictured..

They also come in clear but look more or less the same....

Edit: sorry mate, I just noticed your edit after I typed it all up..

Gotcha, and thanks again for your help.

Latest posts

Back