STC 1000

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
breakbeer said:
Brought it into work today so the sparkies can run a multimeter over it
Was it the probe? if so you can buy them on ebay.

Yep, it was the probe. Gonna stop in @ Keg King on my way home & pick up a new one.

edit; old one was the long stainless type

I know it was a while ago but concerning TheCarbinator's question about overshooting when cooling:

I think someone already mentioned it but I find that if I raise the temp setting by 0.3 C after the vigor of the fermentation reduces it stays about right without too much overshoot - that is, if I'm aiming for 18 C then I raise it to 18.3 and it swings between 18.6 and 17.5. I have my differential set to the min (0.3 C) and have my probe in my wort. At the moment because it is warm I don't have a heating element connected so it warms naturally.

temperence said:
my two stc 1000 builds
Very nice clean setup. Could you please tell me where you got the power points from? I've been looking and can't find any like these.

My STC1000 has failed. It wont switch the fridge off even though the temp is down to - 7C. The heat light is on but it just wont switch the fridge off. Anyone experienced that before?

I have 3 blue and 6 camemberts that are probably now stuffed.

Truman said:
My STC1000 has failed. It wont switch the fridge off even though the temp is down to - 7C. The heat light is on but it just wont switch the fridge off. Anyone experienced that before?

This is a bit like the IT response "have you turned it off and on?", but is it possible that your fridge is plugged into the heat side? Someone playing funny buggers on you?

Truman said:

I've had a probe fail before. It happens I guess.

Good reason to keep two on hand

Amber_Man said:
I converted my freezer to a fridge, works heaps better now. It doesnt cool as quickly and the temperature stays a lot more stable. I also used the same method for my 700 litre kegarator.

http://negergy.com.au/products/freezer-to-fridge-conversion?gclid=CP3cjuXy6LQCFcsipQodpyYAKw

You can get those thermostats a lot cheaper, here is a under $7 one posted

And another if you need an earth pin

I still like the stc-1000, you can see what the temp is, and when you want to dial up 18, you set it to 18 and not take a guess at a setting. But the manual bi-metal ones are good if you use it in a kegerator and set and forget.

QldKev

verysupple said:
This is a bit like the IT response "have you turned it off and on?", but is it possible that your fridge is plugged into the heat side? Someone playing funny buggers on you?
No its still pluged into the cold side, been working fine for 2 weeks now. the heat light is on and if i swap it over to the heat plug the fridge comes on, but if I then plug it back into the cold side the fridge still comes on even though its at - 7C.

Its also not the probe. The temperature shown on the display is exactly the same as the temperature on my wireless hygrometer that I have in the fridge.
One thing I forgot to check as I was going out was if I can hear the relay clicking off when the temp is reached.

I had a similar thing happen once.
I just unplugged it took the lid off the box to see if all was well, which it was.
Put the lid back on and plugged it in again and it worked. So I dunno.

Your cheese will be fine.

pcmfisher said:
I had a similar thing happen once.
I just unplugged it took the lid off the box to see if all was well, which it was.
Put the lid back on and plugged it in again and it worked. So I dunno.

Your cheese will be fine.
Tried that when I got home from work and it fixed it. And yes the cheese seems fine.
Crisis averted.

Thanks

I know it's fixed now but checking your wiring is also a good idea !

Did ya also kick it, always makes me feel better after something stuffs up :lol:

No but I called it a dirty female who sleeps around. That helped lol

Latest posts

Back