STC-1000 wiring for DC

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKBugs

Reaction score
I bought the temp control unit for EBay only to find out that it is 24v DC. I was wondering if anyone has any idea which of the terminals on the unit are positive and negative? The supplier couldn't help me.

I don't think any of the STC-1000's are actually DC models. My recollection is that they all have bridge rectifiers, and some have internal transformers while others don't.

If I'm right (and I'm pretty sure I'm right) it will actually work on anything around 24V, AC or DC, and the polarity won't matter since the rectifier will sort it out.

Even if I'm wrong, only the cheapest DC device would omit the polarity protection diode. Admittedly, a Chinese STC-1000 might fit in that category. So if it is truly DC and not designed by an idiot, it will work one way but not the other, without harming anything.

(I'm an electrical engineer, but I don't have an STC-1000-24V in front of me to check my suspicions. If you don't mind opening it up, post photos and I can tell you for sure)

Probably better to buy a different one 24v DC is not going to be very convenient unless going to install in a truck.

post the ebay link to it

if it is 24v dc and your going to run on 240v i would get another and not bother with 24v

Latest posts

Back