Stc 1000 In Pictures

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gav - I know much better these days ;)

Clutch - the problem with a sparky wiring it, is that even if it was wired correctly, and tested to be safe, if it did fault, the sparky would be liable as he wired it and verified the work.

Cheers

What would it take for a qualified sparky to knock these up and sell them on here? Surely someone here is qualified?

There's already some guy on ebay selling them wired up - for $80 bucks!

His products arent rated with the necessary government sticker so he's risking a $10,000 fine if he gets caught. Worse if it's found to have caused somebody's house to burn down.

Getting an electronics manufacturer to knock them up for us in China however is a completely different story, but they generally have minimum orders of at least 100 and no doubt we'd need someone who knows how to deal/negotiate with them in order to not get ripped off with dodgy workmanship.

What would it take for a qualified sparky to knock these up and sell them on here? Surely someone here is qualified?
I thought that not only did the sparky have to be qualified, but also that they unit had to have the 'electrical approved' sticker on it in order to be sold. I presume that adds a deal of complexity and cost.

KegKing also sell pre-wired units @ about $70, at a guess I'd suspect theirs are wired in China.

I thought that not only did the sparky have to be qualified, but also that they unit had to have the 'electrical approved' sticker on it in order to be sold. I presume that adds a deal of complexity and cost.

KegKing also sell pre-wired units @ about $70, at a guess I'd suspect theirs are wired in China.

No need to be qualified to wire it - just needs to have the appropirate approval. It also doesn't matter where the unit is wired or manufactured. If you sell it in Australia, it has to have the approval.

This is my set up, worked out very tidy and with easy access. Im very happy with it.

As stated, Aussie law states have a electrician do it for you!

Set_Up.jpg

Hey,
What settings should be used to optimise this for a Herms controller?

Would it be?
F1: Mash temp desired
F2: 0.3
F3: 1
F4: 0

F1 desired temp,
F2 minimum, (0.3)
F3 iirc, needs to be calibrated to a trusted device.. In my case was the mashmaster thermometer in the MT.. I did a wet run and calibrated it after half an hour at 63'c.

F4 iirc is the compressor delay and should also be 0 for a hex type setup.

You finally get that keg done up as a HLT mate?

Yob

F1 desired temp,
F2 minimum, (0.3)
F3 iirc, needs to be calibrated to a trusted device.. In my case was the mashmaster thermometer in the MT.. I did a wet run and calibrated it after half an hour at 63'c.

You finally get that keg done up as a HLT mate?

Yob

Haha, well a mate of mine saw that keg and wanted it really badly! So I gave it to him and ended up with a plain one as a HLT.

I'm finally finishing the setup now, have a look. http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...c=64156&hl=

Hey,
What settings should be used to optimise this for a Herms controller?

Would it be?
F1: Mash temp desired
F2: 0.3
F3: 1
F4: 0
F1 desired temp,
F2 minimum, (0.3)

As per first post (and the instructions sitting infront of me):
F1: Temperature (mash temp)
F2: Temperature difference (minimum 0.3)
F3: Compressor delay time (set to 0 if you can)
F4: Temperature Calibration (as appropriate)

wired it up today & followed your instructions to a tee, gonna take it to work on Monday & get it checked by the sparkies at work

STC_wired.jpg

Yep, it's the mashmaster one that Cocko linked to

I was unsure if it would work but I read the comments on the page & the retailer confirmed it will work with the stc-1000

let us know when you get it hooked up and calibrated.. Im sure more than one eyebrow has gone up at this.

Yob

let us know when you get it hooked up and calibrated.. Im sure more than one eyebrow has gone up at this.

Yob

Will do

the plan is to screw it into a fitting that's attached to the inner basket of my single vessel

Back