Stc 1000 For Chest Freezer Use

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milob40

i'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal
Reaction score
i want to use my chesty as a second brew cabinet (issues sorted)and a chiller for my kegs.
those of you that use a chest freezer for a kegerator, do you just tape the sensor to the keg
or is there a more ingenious way to tackle the problem with keeping at a steady temp?

I just have my sensor strapped/taped to the outside of the fermentor in my fridge, with some foam over it to help insulate it from air temp fluctuations. A keg would be no different imo.

In one I have it taped to the fermenter in the other (keg fridge) it sits in a 1L jug of water that I top up change as needed, both hold the same temp profile +/- 0.3C....

I just have my sensor strapped/taped to the outside of the fermentor in my fridge, with some foam over it to help insulate it from air temp fluctuations. A keg would be no different imo.

Ingenious... Top idea.

In one I have it taped to the fermenter in the other (keg fridge) it sits in a 1L jug of water that I top up change as needed, both hold the same temp profile +/- 0.3C....
is the end of the temp sensor water proof?
this would solve my prob but to me it looks like a crapy sesor hooked to the 2 wires

Back