Stc-100 Housing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muthead

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Received a small parcel from Hong Kong yesterday, much to my delight. Keen to build a housing for the little fella, and have seen pictures of finished articles but can't seem to find a tghread that details what I'll need to buy to be able to do it.

Can anyone provide me with an inventory that will be required?

Thanks all.
Mut

Jaycar have a little box for about 6$ that fits nicely.

Some people even use a lunchbox, ideally one of those ones that have a rubber seal around the lip and snap shut with two levered plates on the side.

Plenty of threads around the traps that will show you how others do it.

There is more than enough info in that thread. Heaps of info on what people use for boxes, wiring diagrams, how to use it, there's even a few jokes for a laugh.

I used an empty box of nails. One of the cheapo plastic ones from bunnings. Why?, coz it was there, and it was the right size!

I used the box from Jaycar that Teds talking about but at work we had a U/S UPS that had the two female power points on the back and a socket to connect a PC power supply lead to it that would have been ideal had I known it was there.

So if you know anyone that might have an old UPS you could try using that.

Thanks guys,

So to clarify, the 2 sockets needed are both female yea? What wiring etc will I need?

Thanks

Thanks guys,

So to clarify, the 2 sockets needed are both female yea? What wiring etc will I need?

Thanks

That thread needs a half hour just to make sense of what's needed.

Here's a link to a post I did that the Mods melded into the huge thread so it's no longer concise. I also took ages to find out how to do it - too much "WRONG WIRINGS! NO, RIGHT WIRINGS!"

Everything's in this post.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=747068

I only need the cooling circuit, so my "wiring" was a connector block and a $3 expension cord cut in half.

When you've finished wiring it, give it and the diagram to someone and get them to check it. It's harder than lego, easier than rocket surgery.

If you are not sure about your skills, either make sure your fire alarm has a new battery, or find a sparkie to check your work.

Thanks guys,

Thanks

You don't even need sockets. One extension cord hacked up will do the job for you. Really all you need is a box, and something to cut the box with. You could go with terminal blocks but many dont bother, and have lived to tell the tale.

Check out this thread, and then this link (you'll need to press stop on your browser after the page has loaded, or it will redirect you to a non-existent site).

Basically, you'll need:
1. The STC-1000
2. A project box from Jaycar or Dick Smiths ($6) or some kind of housing (lunchbox, tupperware, etc)
3. An extension lead (or two if you're planning on doing heating and cooling)
4. Terminal blocks and cable glands
5. A hacksaw to cut the hole for the STC-1000 in your project box.
6. A drill to drill the holes for the cable glands.

Jaycar have a little box for about 6$ that fits nicely.

Some people even use a lunchbox, ideally one of those ones that have a rubber seal around the lip and snap shut with two levered plates on the side.

Plenty of threads around the traps that will show you how others do it.

Just remember to remove your sandwiches first :(

My sons old $3 Decor lunch box... the clear type...drill and saw the mounting hole and then 3 holes for power/hot/cold.

20m extension cords are like $14 now...that should be enough to last your entire brewing days...

Now Silo Ted wants a Scooby-Doo themed housing ! Will accept a Smiley Virus Miley Cyrus one instead.

yeah i will have miley's box over scooby doo's box any day.......

Muthead

who did you get yours off? I ordered one and didn't get it and now been 10 days since i asked for the right item to be sent to me.

this shit ain't cool

I used the cardboard box it came in wrapped in packing tape.

I ordered one and didn't get it and now been 10 days since i asked for the right item to be sent to me.

this shit ain't cool

Blame Australia's border control for the delay. Customs (or Quarantine in the case of hops) can sit on stuff for weeks. You will probably find the postmark from Hong Kong proves the seller send it quickly enough.

Just this arvo I picked up a power supply that was ordered a MONTH ago from Hong Kong.

Muthead

who did you get yours off? I ordered one and didn't get it and now been 10 days since i asked for the right item to be sent to me.

this shit ain't cool
[/quote]

Fish, I ordered off eBay seller mixtea - purchased on 30/11/11 and it arrived yesterday. Quicker than I expected to be honest. Hope yours turns up mate, but maybe being Xmas things have slowed down a bit??

Orders from China seem to take months, but orders from HK can be at my door in days. From other threads, I think fish ordered a STC-1000 and got something else instead - is that right fish? If so, send them another message via ebay. If they don't answer that one, you might need to write it off and chase it up through paypal. I ordered one through seller 'business668fa' and it arrived ok.

Orders from China seem to take months, but orders from HK can be at my door in days. From other threads, I think fish ordered a STC-1000 and got something else instead - is that right fish? If so, send them another message via ebay. If they don't answer that one, you might need to write it off and chase it up through paypal. I ordered one through seller 'business668fa' and it arrived ok.

yeah i did emailed right back and said they have sent it. I will be waiting till friday before i crack the shits.

Kaiser thats who i went through too

I am that laid back i waited 6 months for a set of Koni SHocks. I had some one over in QLD get the same set of shocks in 2 weeks :S

so then i got angry

at work we had a U/S UPS that had the two female power points on the back and a socket to connect a PC power supply lead to it that would have been ideal had I known it was there.

I cant believe Im doing this....... but... um... Truman, what's a UPS ?

Some sort of power supply housing Im assuming.

Im looking for a large box to mount two STC's and extra electronics for a project that Im doing next year.

EDIT: Never mind, I used a ******* search engine :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninterruptible_power_supply

Back