Starting up again.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batmn67

Reaction score
G'day, I've been home brewing over the last 30 years. Got my first home brew kit for my 18th birthday and brewed for a few years. Met a girl, got married and packed the brew kit away. My first child came along and got back into brewing again. Started my first business 20 odd years ago and brew kit got packed away again. Made a few brews a few years ago, started a new business and packed it up again.
This time I am going to start up a couple of simple brews and invest in a kegging system.
I will hopefully get a couple of basic blends down over the next week and look into setting up the kegs in the garage beer fridge.
Scott

Welcome back mate, I started up again about 11 months ago after my son was born, I'm into full swing this time with a keg fridge (which my missus loves more than I do) a fermenting fridge and soon to roll into all grain. Easily the best hobby/lifestyle there is

G'day Batman, welcome back to the "hobby" and welcome to AHB. I'm on my third round of home brewing-no turning back this time, I've been sucked into the Vortex$. You will not regret moving into kegging.
Cheers

Welcome back and enjoy!

You've come to the right place, I thought I knew stuff cause I could make a decent beer, then I came here and realised I know nothing!

Fraser's BRB said:
Welcome back and enjoy!

You've come to the right place, I thought I knew stuff cause I could make a decent beer, then I came here and realised I know nothing!
This.

I came here quite by accident. I was attempting to figure out extract brewing and this stuff called hops. After lurking for a while, I got a lot of information, signed up and hit all grain not long after.

I have had to restart all grain 3 times and still doing it ghetto style. Just slowly reconstructing a keg system. Yay!

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
This.

I came here quite by accident. I was attempting to figure out extract brewing and this stuff called hops. After lurking for a while, I got a lot of information, signed up and hit all grain not long after.

I have had to restart all grain 3 times and still doing it ghetto style. Just slowly reconstructing a keg system. Yay!
HAD TO?

Surely there was a large element of willingness?

As for me, I was lured here and then abandoned by several excellent brewers (who have since become professional and have no time for this forum, perhaps).

I started making beer in 1994 (iirc) and only a brief lapse to restarting in '95.

Welcome Batmn67. Come in. Read a bit, and remember to use the search function before posting questions. Self-empowerment, right there!

Hi Batman,

Welcome back mate.

Yep, I have had 2 brewing lives also. I brewed for fun when my oldest bloke was only a few years old. I brew, still for fun now, but also to make beer for my son and his mates......all 21 now and love a quiet beer after footie. The simple pleasures in life.

I hope it is good for you this time around. Anthony

Latest posts

Back