stalled pilsner?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brend0n

Reaction score
cooper pilsner
500gm light malt
250 dex
250 corn syrup
yeast is S-04 safale 15-24c
12gm saaz
12gm hallertau

so I put this baby down on sunday 26th and it started bubbling by nightime, yesterday it seems to have stopped bubbling? its sitting inside the kitchen and the temp guage has been reading 22-24 constantly, any ideas as to why its stopped?
Cheers

use restraint gents....
Brendon, your airlock is pretty unreliable way of seeing if it has indeed 'stopped'. Trust only your hydrometer. If it is stable over about 4 days then it has indeed stopped fermenting. At that temp it wouldn't surprise me if it has fermented out. Check out temp control and yeast threads in this forum to see why your pilsner might not taste the way you hoped.
Good luck and have fun!

All your answers are in the above post, never rely on the airlock as indication of fermentation or lack of.

Cheers, bugger should have thought of that, least its great having a forum as good as this one for information u can rely on, even for the brain lapse posts, cheers

all good mate. I have found I get the best search results searching on the google home page
"Aussie home brewer .....(insert question here)"

Latest posts

Back