Stainless Steel Grain Mills

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2much2spend

Reaction score
hey folks,
i know this has been done before but im
looking at a mill. im looking to get.

-stainless steel rollers
-hoppeing for a 3 roller
-with a hopper too.
-adjustable

im wanting to get some change from $400.

where should i start at?
is there something available in Australia?

hey folks,
i know this has been done before but im
looking at a mill. im looking to get.

-stainless steel rollers
-hoppeing for a 3 roller
-with a hopper too.
-adjustable

im wanting to get some change from $400.

where should i start at? USA, Crankandstein 3D or Monster Mills
is there something available in Australia? Only two roller mills here. Mashmaster Minimill is great though.

$429 for a fully optioned Monster MM3-2.0....that's before you send it to Aus. $301 for a fully optioned MM3.

$249 for Crankandstein 3D with stainless rollers, without hopper and base (or postage).

Youve been on here almost a year and admit u know theres threads on the topic, so I dont have any issues telling u to do a search and read the info yourself. All the info is on those threads without us having to repost info.

Yes u can get a ss mill fir under $400. Go search.

My apologies to the man, but this is the classic Truman effect.

Youve been on here almost a year and admit u know theres threads on the topic, so I dont have any issues telling u to do a search and read the info yourself. All the info is on those threads without us having to repost info.

Yes u can get a ss mill fir under $400. Go search.

gees thanks citymorgue2, thanks for pointing out the fact that i can search on this forum, thanks for pointing out the fact there are threads out there to read, thanks for answering my questions too. good thing this is an open
discussion forum. ill make sure i run my next questions past you first. i hate to waist your time by forcing you to respond to my questions thanks.

my next topic might be on how much yeast to use. can i post that?

p.s. i've been on here for a year and i don't know everything (i know you do).
i don't any issues telling you to if its not constructive ZIP it.
:)

I think what CM2 was getting at is that there are discussion on mills - lots of them. Even if you have new questions or are posting questions that have been posted before, reading through those discussions and then, if need be, posting yours there rather than starting a new thread is preferable.

A bit like not opening a new carton of milk until the old one has been used: just a bit neater, less confusing and makes more sense.

If there are 100 posts discussing the ins and outs of various mills, including prices, quality etc, why wouldn't you take the time to read through? Valuable information for you.

gees thanks citymorgue2, thanks for pointing out the fact that i can search on this forum, thanks for pointing out the fact there are threads out there to read, thanks for answering my questions too. good thing this is an open
discussion forum. ill make sure i run my next questions past you first. i hate to waist your time by forcing you to respond to my questions thanks.

my next topic might be on how much yeast to use. can i post that?

p.s. i've been on here for a year and i don't know everything (i know you do).
i don't any issues telling you to if its not constructive ZIP it.
:)
manticle has put it slightly more politely than i did.. just because ur lazy why should we put the effort in again when u wont. i can say with 99% confidence that there i no question you could ask on buying a mill that isnt already answereed. hence read whats written.

the rest of us put a lot of time and effort into posting valuable info for others referamce and you wonder why when u roll in and basicly say that 'u cbf searching just spoon feed me', that we get annoyed... yeah its an open forum not a place for lazy pricks to come and mooch

edit:
If there are 100 posts discussing the ins and outs of various mills, including prices, quality etc, ...
just to prove mants point. 8seconds of work. 1 search tearm 'mills' in gear and equipment and 8 pages of info. go read

Jeez, just get a twenty dollar coffee grinder, way better than a 400 buck mill.

God, what a bunch of tossers. I mean if you don't want to answer then don't. I find the long response detailing why there WILL BE NO RESPONSE hilarious. And it looks like the OP got the better of you noobs anyway. I would say, OT, that my MonsterMill lost it's mojo after about 18 months. The un-driven roller refused to move when grain was fed. I had to give it a flick with a screwdriver to get it moving and then try and apply the grain, a tricky move. I recently bought a MillMaster, both rollers are driven. These are both 2 roller mills and I've always had a good crush from either.

I hate old milk

i agree you cant trust open milk bottles in the work fridge..

you could get the mini mash master and a drill for about $330

make a hopper out of something and have more than enough change for the grain for the 1st few brews brew :)
it's got the gear driven rollers and is SS and adjustable

by the time it's worn out i reckon i'll need a liver transplant

Back