Stainless Steel Grain Mills

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God, what a bunch of tossers. I mean if you don't want to answer then don't. I find the long response detailing why there WILL BE NO RESPONSE hilarious.

+1 and hear hear. I think there's too many people on here trying to cut noobies down at the moment, and that's not in the spirit of the forum or the broader hobby to my mind. Plus you simply out yourself as a douche.

This guy had a specific question - which is about what mill you'd recommend and whether those of you out there have found your rollers wear out on your mills or had any issues with them.

Pretty simple question, and amazingly only answered by a handful. Clearly the ones that didn't answer didn't know the answer or didn't want to help - and that speaks volumes.

Personally my 303 Steel MonsterMill2 has had few issues but as pb suggests one of the rollers does get stuck on it from time to time requiring a push from a screwdriver and loosening up the screws on the side mount. The adjusting screws can move a little when doing a large volume of grain I've found. I got mine from the US shipped at around $258 with a hopper and base via the website when the $AUD was high. A mate has a Crankenstein 3 roller which costs a bit more but works like a dream. Both are worth googling and comparing and Monster also have other mills of the 3 roller variety.

Hopper.

God, what a bunch of tossers. I mean if you don't want to answer then don't. I find the long response detailing why there WILL BE NO RESPONSE hilarious. And it looks like the OP got the better of you noobs anyway.

There was one response you could call rude. I thought my point was fair and fairly made.

Bunch of tossers is a bit rich.

I'd be very surprised if anyone could seriously consider me someone who cuts down noobies.

Personally my 303 Steel MonsterMill2 has had few issues but as pb suggests one of the rollers does get stuck on it from time to time requiring a push from a screwdriver and loosening up the screws on the side mount.

I'm wondering if their jig is slightly off for one of the threaded mounting holes on the MM2. I noticed this on my new MM2, it all runs freely and smoothly until I mount it onto a board and tighten one of the mounting bolts, then the driven roller seems to bind up a little. I have narrowed it down to just the one bolt that when done up tight it must tweak the end plate angle ever so slightly. Its not much of a problem as I can adjust it out.

<<<<<< noobie or close to it anyway. I've spent an inordinate amount of time(just ask the minister of everything) scouring threads on this forum and yes I've seen Mill threads pop up from time to time, and the pro's and con's of differnt mills have been expressed by the more experienced here. As a mill is not a small outlay, and once aquired should be in service for many years to come. I note in other threads topics such as 'roller size and what effect it has', 'ease of use adjust and install', 'motors/drills attached how and what type rpm etc' are discussed.

I understand the whole multiple thread thing and having an easily searchable reference.

In none of the other threads had I read that the MM2 had a problem with the unpowered wheel sticking. So this thread for me at least has added information to enable me to make an informed decision when I come to make said purchase in the future.

Manticle yes I believe you usually are one of the first to put your hand up to offer insight and useful information to us newbies and thanks it has helped :icon_cheers:

note I didn't say I'd search for info on grain mills, I note the last post in that thread dates back to late 2009, since becoming a member here I have read most of the "latest" threads comming through gear and equipment, so the OP of this thread isn't the first to start a new thread on mills and I don't remember other threads containing OP assasination. That said I agree having one large thread on a particular topic is a lot easier to follow. :)

Fwiw, I recently had a stuck roller problem on my mm2 with 15KG of grain in the hopper. This was not fun.

Had to dissassemble the mill stand to pour the hopper into a bucket or two. Then Reassemble and debug

In the end one of the adjustment knobs had come loose and the idle roller wasn't rolling freely.

This wouldn't have happened with a driven roller.

The mashmaster mini was not an option when I got my mm2. But I still love the MM2 SS :)

Latest posts

Back