• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Stainless Steel Conical Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beermatt

Reaction score
Now that we're all getting our stimulus package, here's something worthwhile to spend your money on!!!

10 Gallon (38litre) Stainless Steel Conical Fermenter

Conical comes with Tri-clover clamp for the lid, Racking arm & 2 x 1/2" 3 piece stainless Ball valves for easy cleaning. The Lid has a 1 x 3/8" Stainless Ball Valve.

At $600 surely one of the best ways to stimulate your package!!! :party:

Picture.jpg

inner.jpg

bottom_valve.jpg

That is one sexy fermenter.

Is that one from craftbrewer? Thought they were only 30L and $699, not 38L and $600.....either way its still sexy

Pok

I've been seriously considering one of these, but how would you temp control without a coolroom?

That is one sexy fermenter.

Is that one from craftbrewer? Thought they were only 30L and $699, not 38L and $600.....either way its still sexy

Pok

Thanks Pok, I imported this one and a smaller one for myself direct from China but I'm pretty sure they came out of the same factory.

Cheers
Beermatt B)

I've been seriously considering one of these, but how would you temp control without a coolroom?

I have mine sitting in a fridge (see pic) it seems to work fine, although I've got manual temperature control at the moment. If I can sell this baby I'll buy a tempmate for no worries fermenting.

Picture_015.jpg

What are the dimensions?

By the look of the last picture you have attached ball lock posts to the ball valves. How have you got that working?

Cheers Ken

What are the dimensions?

By the look of the last picture you have attached ball lock posts to the ball valves. How have you got that working?

Cheers Ken

Yep I've been attaching QD S/S fittings for transferring the wort and tank plugs for pumping co2 in and am working on using the system as an extra keg. I haven't tried it under pressure yet.

I measure it at approx 102cm tall (bottom of feet to top of ball valve) 42cm diameter (one side of tri clover clamp to the other) and 111cm (Circumference)

Hope that helps :icon_cheers:

Cheers,
Beermatt

Yep I've been attaching QD S/S fittings for transferring the wort and tank plugs for pumping co2 in and am working on using the system as an extra keg. I haven't tried it under pressure yet.

I measure it at approx 102cm tall (bottom of feet to top of ball valve) 42cm diameter (one side of tri clover clamp to the other) and 111cm (Circumference)

Hope that helps :icon_cheers:

Cheers,
Beermatt

Thanks Beermatt. Just checked my fermenting fridge and whilst width is not an issue, height is by a reasonable way unfortunately. :angry:

Yes - I've got one of those beauties coming from Craftbrewer (a company in Thailand puts them together)...

I've got a cunning plan to use a aquarium chiller pumping a glycol mix around a flow loop hose wrapped around the fermenter to keep it chilled. Beats *another* fridge in the back room.

Cheers...

Yes - I've got one of those beauties coming from Craftbrewer (a company in Thailand puts them together)...

I've got a cunning plan to use a aquarium chiller pumping a glycol mix around a flow loop hose wrapped around the fermenter to keep it chilled. Beats *another* fridge in the back room.

Cheers...

Sounds like a great way to go, how are you gonna heat it? I'm planning on wrapping a heat cord (the ones they use for reptile enclosures) around it and plugging it into a tempmate.

I originaly was thinking of using the heat cord inside a stainless coil and dropping it in the fermenter but figure it would take up too much space.

any thoughts???

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Cheers...

Check the latest BYO mag for an article that describes a device/setup very similar to your 'cunning plan'.

:icon_cheers: SJ

Back