Stainless Cone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hockadays

Reaction score
Hello brewers,

Just wanting to turn a spare keg body 50L into a SS conical. I'm trying to source somewhere that can make me up a ss cone with a half inch hole in the bottom for a socket and valve. Has anyone done this or can point me in the direction of someone that could. Any info would be good.

Thanks,

Hockadays

If shipping costs aren't a concern, look at this outfit. Their SS hoppers are quite reasonably priced, especially if you buy 5 or more (bulk buy?). Plus if you get one of these hoppers you can turn the keg into a kettle or mash tun.

You can get one fabbed up easy enough...as long as $$ aren't a concern.

Yeah I've seen this but 12 gallon just isn't big enough, I've worked out with the 50l keg and cone I should have about 65L which would be good and it will fit in my upright freezeer that I have..

I'm trying to source somewhere that can make me up a ss cone with a half inch hole in the bottom for a socket and valve.

any sheety with half a brain could knock you up a cone, there must be a thousand of them in brizzy, check the yellow pages, I'd do it for you but I'm a boily, over qualified I'm afraid ;)

Cheers
Yardy

thanks Yardy,

I'll have a look at the yellow book and let my fingers do the work.. ;)

I had ACT stainless roll this cone up for me the other week.

425hat2.jpg

I used a cone calc and just gave them the measurements. I didn't really need to as they can do this themselves. Cost was $100 for the cone and for the 'tube' underneath it.

Try Turbon Engineering in Coorparoo, down near the railway station - they spin metal and can do cones.

Back