Sq Golden Ale Clone Eureka!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve.m

Reaction score
I was recently givena 100lt blue drum with a fully sealed lid. I fitted it out with some bits and pieces from the local irrigation shop and threw 80lt of my JSGA experiment into it. It has beena gamble but upon tasting the finished brew (un- carbed) i am very happy with the outcome fresh out of the fermenter.

It has a very similar caramalt after taste to the original and crisp clean intitial taste. I wanted to make a brew that i can comfortably drag out for my 40th. Four kegs should be a good start!

If you are interested the recipe is :

3 cans of Coopers Blonde
3kg of Light Liquid Malt
1kg Dry wheat malt
1kg Liquid Caramalt
1kg Dextrose
1kg Dry corn syrup
50g Cascade Hops (25g@30mins, 25g@flame out)

I boiled the malt, dextrose and 25g of hops for 30min, added the this to the goo and dry corn syrup and mixed.
Then tipped the lot into a vrey clean fermenter and added the water with a 20lt bucket. Filled it to 80lt mark and purred in the 2 packets of US-05 rehydrated yeast. The OG 1042 and finishing is 1010.

Let 'er brew for a couple of weeks and Bob's yer uncle!!

Life's good :D

I like your style eh. Go LARGE

Great stuff and I hope it goes well on the 40th eh

dont know about a golden ale clone, but it will defiantly have an apa style taste.

golden ale for a start uses amarillo hops, not cascade. also has around 20-25% wheat malt in it, and would be more bitter.

that said though, should come out a decent drink, especially for those un-acustomed to craft beers.

dont know about a golden ale clone, but it will defiantly have an apa style taste.

golden ale for a start uses amarillo hops, not cascade. also has around 20-25% wheat malt in it, and would be more bitter.

that said though, should come out a decent drink, especially for those un-acustomed to craft beers.

I know about the amarillo. It's like rocking horse Droppings in Mildura so i substitued it with cascade. I had a stubby of the real deal in th fridge and they are very similar in flavour, especially the aftertaste. i'm happy with it anyway. Bloody good drop for a K&K attempt if i do say so myself.

craftbrewer ship express post and are their hops are fantastically priced and stored in vaccume packed bags :p

no excuse for not being able to get most of the hops you want these days :p

glad you enjoy it though, and im sure all your guests will as well.

Yep that is deffinately a house beer at my place...that reminds me .... better put another batch down...think I might do a double batch this time...always run out too quickly!!

Pok

Latest posts

Back