Spruik Your Beer!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weizguy

Barley Bomber
Reaction score
spruik (sprook) verb intr.

To make an elaborate speech, especially to attract customers.

[Of unknown origin.]
(from here), and

and

spruik
verb

(Austral & NZ)
spruiked, spruiking
1. slang
Said especially of showmen, salesmen, etc: to speak in public, especially at length and using ornate language.

Derivative: spruiker
noun

Etymology: Early 20c.
from here

OK, I thought that I should give everyone a chance to let us know how good your case swap beer is.

I'm happy to tell you that a wheat beer beer is a fine drop. In its own right, a quencher in many forms.
The breakfasty beer, with a flavour that hangs around long enough to invite you for another mouthful. This is not a sipping ale. You'll get more from it with a large slug of beer. Did I hear someone say Summer guzzler/ BBQ lubricant?

It's my favourite style, and I brewed this with mostly traditional ingredients. German malts, soft local water (which goes well with my ingredients), W3068, decoction (multi), additions of Mittelfrueh hop plugs, 2 hour boil, slightly high brew temp tho', but with a week of v low temp undisturbed conditioning, bottling with speise, traditional longneck bottle :lol: , with high carbonation and bottle conditioning. Should be the goods. Reinheitsgebot compliant (mostly).

Weizen is a fine homebrew that is acheivable at many levels, and frequently gives a good result.

So, now I'd like to see a few other brewers telling us why you chose your beer to go in the case swap. I'm in the NSW case swap (Xmas 2006), but I'd like to read about beer from all states, and why you brewed it for other brewers.

I'm happy to make and share good beer, and to share the flavours of one of my fave beers.
I'm also fairly confident in my ability to make a good weizen. I believe that you read about a style you like and you make that beer before anyone can tell you that its a difficult style. Adhere to any tips provided by the literature or brewers who make a beer style you enjoy.

Testify! Brew well and brew individual.

Tell us all about your Case-Swap beer. Adjuncts? Tips? Tasting tips or serving info (e.g. weizen glass if available. A schooner will work fine).

Seth out for now :p

Edited several times for additions - Seth

Chose a Weihenstephan Weizen because of the fresh clove and banana, great for a summer quaffing beer. And especially after finding out Batz gave away all of the wheat yeast I swapped him at the swap.

Step up, young man. Tell us why your beer is great.
What makes your weizen so satisfying?

Because it's the only one I have ready and 24 bottles of.

Back