Speed Cameras

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well got my first ticket (speed camera) in 10yrs last week on the night my 3rd kid was born. Fkn spewing. I'm ringing them and asking for a warning. It was under 10kph so I might get the warning
well being in Victoria I spoke with the Civic Compliance office and they said told me that there are several criteria of gertting out of speeding fines. As my last demerit offence was over 2 years ago (it was actually 10 yr ago), I was eligible for a warning. All I had to do it write to the Pentalty Review board at Vic Police, admit to the offence and ask them for a warning becuse of that criteria and it woud, be fine.

For those in Victoria here are some useful links.

SP Hardy Traffic Lawyer - http://www.trafficlaw.com.au/fines.html
Victoria Police - http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?Document_ID=10367

But per capita, more cyclists are injured or killed per year than motorists. Ban cyclists I say :p
Blasphemy!!!
Cyclists are not entitled to the road because they don't pay rego. Their statistics don't matter for road safety cuz they don't exist on roads :)

On another thought, maybe we should switch to flying microlights to work until the cops figure out a way to fine that!

PS: qld transport is a joke.

lycra coated speed hump's....wankers..........cheers..spog......

Lol, because a few extra seconds saved on your car drive is more valuable than human life.

http://www.woj.com.au/2006/08/29/melb-pede...ings-hell-ride/

The nepean hwy / beach road is hell for anyone other than the lycra brigade.

But there are heaps of cyclists that arent endangering other road users that get lobbed in the basket. Plenty of riders up aroung wang, bright, myrtleford, rutherglen etc that do the right thing and IMO are entitled to their use of the road.
Its the cock knocks on beach road and around the CBD that collect people, hold onto vehicles driving, weave in and out of traffic, ignore traffic management signals, ride on the road and on the path as it suits etc that are the issue.

lycra coated speed hump's....wankers..........cheers..spog......

Yeah feckin lycra brigade. They get up to the line at the lights and don't want to put a foot on the ground so they do that whole slow moving /balancing thing that makes them wobble all over the place and makes them likely to get collected by someone chucking a turn left at any time with care (or hold up the bus that has pulled up behind them and theyre doing the wobble thing in the bus lane the feckin buses annoy me too). Or they just keep creeping out into the intersection and are often halfway into it by the time the lights go green. And when I am waiting to turn left, with my indicator on, they pull up at the line to my left, reach out and hang onto the traffic light post. When the light goes green I have to wait for them to go straight ahead before I can turn left. Most 'normal' cyclists are ok, it just seems that the lycra brigade tend to take a few unnecessary risks.

Yeah feckin lycra brigade. They get up to the line at the lights and don't want to put a foot on the ground so they do that whole slow moving /balancing thing that makes them wobble all over the place and makes them likely to get collected by someone chucking a turn left at any time with care (or hold up the bus that has pulled up behind them and theyre doing the wobble thing in the bus lane the feckin buses annoy me too). Or they just keep creeping out into the intersection and are often halfway into it by the time the lights go green. And when I am waiting to turn left, with my indicator on, they pull up at the line to my left, reach out and hang onto the traffic light post. When the light goes green I have to wait for them to go straight ahead before I can turn left. Most 'normal' cyclists are ok, it just seems that the lycra brigade tend to take a few unnecessary risks.

I have always wanted to run over and shove 'em to the ground when they do the " Look Mum no feet" routine

Yup, you can, and also riding a horse.

That's what I thought.
But not charged for causing someones death whilst riding a bicycle? From the link "A police source said the rider could not be charged with culpable driving because he was not behind the wheel of a car."

I vote for a Lycra Tax!

You can however drive a ride on mower drunk...........One of the locals where I grew up starting doing this after he lost his license for DUI. Local cops tried to stop him but couldn't find a law that enabled them to.

You can however drive a ride on mower drunk...........One of the locals where I grew up starting doing this after he lost his license for DUI. Local cops tried to stop him but couldn't find a law that enabled them to.

Last edited by a moderator:

In NSW you can be done on a lawnmower or golf cart. If it is on a public road, then it must be licensed or have a permit. The only motorised vehicles that do not need to be registered are those under 50cc ( approx) . Not only will you be done for DUI, but also not registered and uninsured

You can actually register a lawnmower or golf cart to be used on the road. Just about any motorised vehicle can be permitted to be used on the road.They reason you can register a lawn mower is if you need to mow along the edge of the road, as the road also includes the grass verge. Its just legal bullshit really, in case you hit someone, or they hit you.

In NSW you can be done on a lawnmower or golf cart. If it is on a public road, then it must be licensed or have a permit. The only motorised vehicles that do not need to be registered are those under 50cc ( approx) . Not only will you be done for DUI, but also not registered and uninsured

You can actually register a lawnmower or golf cart to be used on the road. Just about any motorised vehicle can be permitted to be used on the road.They reason you can register a lawn mower is if you need to mow along the edge of the road, as the road also includes the grass verge. Its just legal bullshit really, in case you hit someone, or they hit you.

To drive these sorts of vehicles on a public road, you need to have "Conditional Registration". It doesn't give you a rego number as we know it, but does give you the protection of CTP Insurance. There will be some conditions to be met, such as lights etc, depending on the type of vehicle. A number of golf carts at my club are registered on this basis, as the owners live near by, and ride the carts to the course on public roads. Another instance is for farm machinery moving from one part of a property to another across or along public roads.

Correct Warra

All council lawnmowers have rego/permits that allow them to mow the verges and be on public roads legally

The NSW RTA has a large ( read HUGE ) list of permisable vehicles . Tractors/ Headers/Agricultural equip, golf carts, fire trucks, earthmoving equipment,cranes, lawn mowers... you name it, they have a class of registration for it.

Of course most of them have restrictions, which is only fair, but if you take the time to ask, you can get nearly anything registered/permitted.

And yes, in NSW you can be charged with being in control of a horse drunk on a public road :icon_cheers:

Back