Speed Cameras

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altstart

Reaction score
P6240646.jpg

New toys for the Qld police Be Careful.

Cheers Altstart

Common in Melbourne, especially around the Western Ring Road currently... but rarely enforced.

Now if only they could manage to finish roadworks on their predicted date...

Cheers Altstart

Bastards..

where were they when scum broke into my house, no revenue in rounding up filth that break and enter :angry:

View attachment 46627

Cheers Altstart
I hate roadworks. Not only do they leave the speed limits in place when they aren't working half the time but if you do attempt to stick to the speed limit, especially on motorway roadworks, you end up with idiots all over your tail because you are trying to do 40 where they use to be able to do 100...
I do appreciate it isn't a great environment for workers, especially night roadworks, which is why I do try to drop down on the speed, but it does make things difficult...
I'll have to drop from my common habit of ending up on 50 odd though...

the police farce has become a money making exercise with a few low paid security guards with guns doing paperwork in the station while the crime runs its course!

Are the ignorant who claim speed cameras are revenue raising.

If you don't speed you don't get fined and no revenue is raised.

But of course that is quite clearly rocket science and only my fellow rocket scientists can understand such complex logic...

This country is getting more retarded by the minute. <_< And they allow you to vote?

Are the ignorant who claim speed cameras are revenue raising.

If you don't speed you don't get fined and no revenue is raised.

But of course that is quite clearly rocket science and only my fellow rocket scientists can understand such complex logic...

This country is getting more retarded by the minute. <_< And they allow you to vote?
I agree, its a voluntary tax that you can opt out of at any time. If you wish to contribute, keep speeding.

Cheers
Chris

I agree, its a voluntary tax that you can opt out of at any time. If you wish to contribute, keep speeding.

Cheers
Chris

There was an ad years ago by the government (possibly SA only, i don't recall) that was a bit like a late night ad for those miraculous ab machines that suggested it had the perfect way to prevent people from being caught by speed cameras.

Don't speed.

It really is that simple and to argue otherwise demonstrates nothing but the encyclopaedic definition of ignorance.

Who are we kidding. Don't speed. Pfft.

They are hooked on the revenue. If it declines then so will the speed limits.

There are studies that say that people will drive at the speed they think is safe. If you set the speed limit lower than this then you rake in the cash without actually increasing safety.

LA is actually ripping out it's red light cameras. No increase in safety.

http://www.laweekly.com/2011-06-16/news/ja...-light-cameras/

Councils have been seen lowering the yellow light time to increase revenue from cameras. No safety increase there.

After a few years of driving in the US I have come to appreciate how draconian and over policed australian roads are.

Haven't seen any speed cameras. And we happily drive past the state troopers at 80 - 85 mph all the time (75 limit) on the interstate. It's hard to argue this is dangerous on the dual carriageway when it's just keeping up with the traffic.

how draconian and over policed australian roads are.

exactly, in a 2 hour drive from Gladstone to Bundaberg last night, i passed 4 highway patrol vehicles and a 'flash for cash' Prado, school holidays have started so it's another revenue blitz for the duration.

There was an ad years ago by the government (possibly SA only, i don't recall) that was a bit like a late night ad for those miraculous ab machines that suggested it had the perfect way to prevent people from being caught by speed cameras.

Don't speed.

It really is that simple and to argue otherwise demonstrates nothing but the encyclopaedic definition of ignorance.

This made perfect sense in the 10% days, not the 3km/h rule as per current Vic law.

Not only do they leave the speed limits in place when they aren't working half the time
I've worked in road works, both on tools and in traffic management, and I can tell you that the reason it is set up like this is because many people complain when the speed limit frequently goes up and down in one spot and just as many use that as an excuse not to pay attention to what the signs say at any time "It was 80 here yesterday!" The speed limit is left low because people are selfish arseholes and they can't be given an excuse.

we forget what's the speed limit's in NT and on the autobarn's..and some of those roadwork's sign's are left up over the weekend's when there is no need for them,just the lazy traffic management staff have failed to remove them

The point-to-point cameras have been switched on on the Bruce highway north of Brisbane.. on what has to be the smoothest safest stretch of road possible.
The sign reads "Speed Cameras next 16km FOR ROAD SAFETY".
Road safety my arse. Thanks for increasing my commute time.

just the lazy traffic management staff have failed to remove them
Either that or the law tells them they have to because the roads are populated by dead-shit morons.

if the poice are really convinced that speed cameras work so wel, why is it in victoria they, as part of industrial action are parking in front of hidden cameras and unmarked camera cars with lights flashing to warn motorists and ,in theyre own words, cut government revenue. when questioned about it they say it wil actualy reduce speeding on the road by being so visible and may have a positive effect on the road toll.this in my mind has cemented a long term belief that cameras are revenue raisers and nothing else, and it seems the police agree.

I think everyone recognises that a cop car with light flashing lights on every street would have a massive impact on speeding. I think everyone also recognises that it isn't remotely realistic to think such a proposal could actually be applied.

Your comment indicates to me that you might be the type of person to say "Why aren't you out catching real criminals?" when pulled over - and yet here you are applauding the force's abject waste of limited resources in order to further a political position (essentially taking food from a citizen's mouth at the same time). Defending this action seems pretty self-serving to me.

How come I can drive at 120km/hr and am not dead yet.....

Why does the government try to tell every one of us that if you speed you will die...

FFS People die doing 60km/h, so if their way of thinking is true, why are we not doing 60km/h on our highways to stop us all from dying

I have luckily never been done for speeding. I pay zero attention to my speedo while driving on suburban streets in Sydney (unless I am going through a speed camera) I simply drive to the conditions and keep my eyes where they should be, on the freaking road....

My ultimate hate is the speed camera's in school zones, due to the increased fines/demerit points people drive through these zones looking at NOTHING except their speedo, it's a good distraction from the sound of small children bouncing off the bonnet.

I also agree with Stu, I personally sit on 120-130 on all multilane motorways where traffic/weather conditions permit. Have been doing so for years, have managed to not be dead and have actually avoided many accidents because at that speed one is always scanning for radar cars so you tend to be more attentive.

Back