Something Smells Fishy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1gsaw

Certified Pisswreck
Reaction score
Just a pic for any other keen freshwater fishermen out there, caught last week. 45cm it went, not bad at all.

038.JPG

Is that a fly reel I see there?

I do a bit of saltwater fly fishing as well as bream tournies.

Nice yella btw...very nice.

Cheers Andy.

Please don't tell me you have 'EN' tattoed on your other fingers...

Its a golden perch.
There bright colouring will change depending on where u find them.
I just caught this 50cm fish an hr ago, its a beauty.
I havent used fly gear on them, i stick to bait mainly.
And nah, Im a ford man, and its "fast" on the other hand lol

015.JPG

Ahh the old "Hold Fast" I often wonder how many servies or x servies are on this forum. Thought about a poll for 1/2 a second.

Shawn

Heres a nice little bass I picked up last time I was out, not the biggest but good fun off the top.
Love my freshwater fishing.

Ahh the old "Hold Fast" I often wonder how many servies or x servies are on this forum. Thought about a poll for 1/2 a second.

Shawn

Im no Navy man or etc, just spent a long time doing assorted marine jobs.
And when that Master and Commander flick came out, i seen old mate in the movie had it done, and i liked it etc.
I reckon its a good motto to have throughout life... stay on course, stay on track, keep your cool under pressure.

Heres a nice little bass I picked up last time I was out, not the biggest but good fun off the top.
Love my freshwater fishing.
There awesome fighters the Bass, nice one mate!

your all b@stards :p

So lucky to be able to wander down and go for a fish!
I live 4 hours away from the nearest beach/river system, which really REALLY sucks!
Get down there as often as i can tho, going down in a couple of weeks for my monthly fix :)

Nice fish tho fellas!

Andy

Edit: I do get to go yabbying tho, does that count as fishing ? :)

Cool thread. A mate an I have been fishing lately at Leslie and the creeks but they've been biting less. Got 2 nice yellas and a baby cod at Leslie yesterday. Just off the bank with shrimp.

Cool thread. A mate an I have been fishing lately at Leslie and the creeks but they've been biting less. Got 2 nice yellas and a baby cod at Leslie yesterday. Just off the bank with shrimp.

Where are you based mate?

Went fishing when we where camping up the coast a few weeks ago in the school holidays (a place called Grassy Head, NSW ... just north of South West Rocks) ... and I caught this massive Bream in the river ;)

13042010.jpg

Went fishing when we where camping up the coast a few weeks ago in the school holidays (a place called Grassy Head, NSW ... just north of South West Rocks) ... and I caught this massive Bream in the river ;)

View attachment 37813

I've got great memories of a trip to Hat Head just south of South West Rocks many moons ago, the fish were just about jumping into the boat just off Black Rock. Ah, those were the days, single, care free and no responsibilities.

cheers

Browndog

Nice Yellow Belly, jig... used to get em nice and yellow and sweet as hell outta the clear pools in the Gwydir just above Gravesend

Latest posts

Back