Some pubs to Hit if you're Heading to the U.S.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowdog

Imported Seattle Drunk
Reaction score
Draft Magazine came out with their '100 Best Beer Bars 2014' list. I was happy to see a couple favorite Seattle bars on the list (Beveridge Place Pub & Stumbling Monk)! Since I'll be doing a bit of a driving tour of the states from Chicago to Seattle in May, I think I'll try and hit up one or two of the Chicago bars when I get in just to combat jet-lag...

Going to New York for two weeks and Boston for one week, coming back to Aus via Moscow to Beijing by rail but I don't think I will be venturing to far from the train in Russia, brew pubs or no brew pubs will be sticking to the vodka.

wide eyed and legless said:
Going to New York for two weeks and Boston for one week, coming back to Aus via Moscow to Beijing by rail but I don't think I will be venturing to far from the train in Russia, brew pubs or no brew pubs will be sticking to the vodka.
There's some good bars in New York. Fette Sau for meat and local beers. Spuyten Duyvil for Belgian styles. Barcade for US craft beer and old school video games. All within walking distance of each other in Brooklyn. An entertaining night to be had.

Also try House of Brews at about W51st St?

Josh said:
There's some good bars in New York. Fette Sau for meat and local beers.
Fette Sau is awesome.

Blind Tiger was my favourite beer bar in NYC, so good.

Other notables: McSorely's (the oldest still-running bar, complete with sawdust floors), make sure you try a burger and McSorely's Ale @ The Corner Bistro and D.B.A (a little pricey).

Josh said:
There's some good bars in New York. Fette Sau for meat and local beers. Spuyten Duyvil for Belgian styles. Barcade for US craft beer and old school video games. All within walking distance of each other in Brooklyn. An entertaining night to be had.

Also try House of Brews at about W51st St?
Thanks Josh,

Been checking out the ones in Brooklyn,I know there is a brewery there and it could be called the Brooklyn Brewery also my wife has agreed to let me go on the Get Real Tour,(had to promise,no singing, swearing, telling dirty jokes or chatting up loose women) By the way what's a "Dive Bar" they sound interesting is that somewhere else I should go on my own?
Just got to get Boston sorted found one brewery there but it looks boring.

Boston Beer Works had some good beers on tap. It's across the road from Fenway Park.

A decent definition of a 'Dive Bar'
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-definition-of-a-dive-bar-the-great-and-the-grotesque]

Back