Sodastream Cylinders - At A Price!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Redbeard..... not cheap are they, oh well....

Sosman kicks back today with 5 litre party keg:

PartyKeg.jpg

I also splashed out $14 for the 8 litre version from Bunnings.

:chug:

This should distract the blowflies at work this arvo ... I even brewed a coopers clone (or at least half brother) to keep them happy while I drink the top shelf stuff.

redbeard said:
originally i tried to buy a sodastream off ebay. i max bid at $25 but it ended up at $52 ! i was only after the gas bottle ....

Having decided that I also just MUST have portable CO2, I headed down to the local recycling yard here in Canberra. For non-locals, at the waste transfer station, there is also a 2nd hand dealer who takes your "usable" junk and also sorts through the waste for stuff that might be used. They then sell it back to whoever wants it.

Anyway, picked up two sodastreams complete with bottle for $2 each. Same as readbeard, I only cared for the bottles, and as a bonus, one still has about 180gms of gas in it. Both were the old type, which KMart exchanged without as much as a blink.

For other Canberrans, don;t bother with AussieJunk at Mitchell (I cleaned them out), but Revolve at Mugga Lane might still be worth a try, after all I only wanted two.

Happy hunting.

For those in Sydney looking for a Soda Stream refill, picked up 2 Soda Stream bottles at Burwood KMart last weekend for $11 change over. I am told that Coles at Epping also carry them.KMart at Parramatta always has them, but that requires going to Westfields Parramatta which is a Zoo at the best of times. Big W reckon they don't stock them anymore.
Cheers
Gerard

I picked up a Sodastream adapter from What's brewing at Kogarah for $40 a few months ago. Esb were charging $55.

Wobbo.

Where do they sell them in Kmart???
DO you just find a store walker and ask them?? or do you go tothe checkout and get them??

Bionic

Go to the front service counter - where you take returns back etc.

Went to the Bunya tip today and saw 7 of the old steel type soda stream bottles mixed in with a heap of old LPG cylinders. I was going to take a few but decided against it as I don't have the cables to fill them.

Ross said:
Redbeard - www.esb.com.au doesn't seem to work as a link?

Hoops??
[post="46903"][/post]​
Sorry for the delay, I've moved house and haven't got the net at home yet.
All the adaptors I had are gone, however I should have another 4 sometime this week.
Let me know if you want one. They are $30.
Hoops

I had same problem - should be www.esbeer.com.au

++++

Kmart won't take back the old steel bottles, nor will sodastream - but Woolworths will - I exchanged 2 on Sunday :D :D

nic0 said:
Went to the Bunya tip today and saw 7 of the old steel type soda stream bottles mixed in with a heap of old LPG cylinders. I was going to take a few but decided against it as I don't have the cables to fill them.
[post="47279"][/post]​

Hi

If you see anymore how about grabbing a few and I'd be happy to sort you out for them. I haven't been able to find any at my local tip.

Cheers
MAH

went to kmartie broadway tonight with empty & hoping to get a spare. was told they have new policy of only doing 1 for 1 exchange. the $27 deposit system has been dropped & its just $11 exchange. instead of road freighting the bottles, she said a soda stream rep visits with re-filled bottles. then just to really annoy me, they had no full bottles left & werent expecting any for a couple of weeks (!). not very happy. guess i'll be trying burwood on sat.

burwood kmart had plenty of exchange bottles (40+). they would have sold me a new bottle in a box for $35 if they had any. obviously need to find a kmart / woolworths with stock and low care factor staff...

Temple of Seth said:
Is there anybody on the list still willing to make soda stream adaptors for a price?
[post="49664"][/post]​
TOS

I'm still getting the SS adaptors made.
Check out this thread about the adaptors.
A lot of guys here have bought them and are happy.
I haven't got any at the moment but may have some next week.
PM me if you want me to put one aside for you.

Hoops

Hi guys,

Due to a slight missunderstanding i recently bought 4 soda stream bottles instead of 2 <_< . They are the old steel type. i was just woundering if anyone was after 2, one is still in it's plastic bag so i assume it's full (see photo) the other one i'm not sure how much gas it has yet (my scales arn't working). local pick up only newcastle area (sorry). :)

soda_stream_post.jpg

Damm, if I was in Newcastle I'd take them.
Sydney isn't quite local :(

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:

Beers,
Doc
[post="62413"][/post]​

Want me to pick them up for you?...

Ross said:
Doc said:

Beers,
Doc
[post="62413"][/post]​

Want me to pick them up for you?...
[post="62427"][/post]​

That would be awesome thanks Ross.
Are they still available Offline ?

Beers,
Doc

Back