Sodastream Cylinders - At A Price!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still avaliable.

Might have a few beers with Ross and the guys :beer:
if SWMBO lets me :D

I have been to the Bunya tip a few times but there haven't been any cylinders lying around.

Nico

Ignore previous question from me.

Found 2 at K-Mart Marion, anyone in Adelaide/country SA want one ,$39.95. I have both on hold till tomorrow night but will only buy one if no one needs one.

C&B
TDA

Hi all- just thought i'd let you know that K-Mart at Broadway (Sydney) are still only charging $11 to PURCHASE a 330g sodastream gas bottle. I bought 2 there yesterday... If they try to charge more, just go back on a different day when someone's working there that doesn't know/care what's going on!

Hope this helps a few of you out there, but it may be a good idea if you're going to buy a bottle to limit it to only one or two, otherwise they may realise their mistake & nobody else will be able to buy them there for cheap in future!!!
Michael.

A couple of weeks ago I walked into my local Woolies, went to the service desk and asked for a Soda Stream Bottle, the girl just went and got one out of the cupboard, charged me $11.00 and away I went. Didn't ask for an exchange empty or anything.

Try It

Cheers
Brad T

How long do the soda stream bottles last and can you retrofit them to a regulator?

Adaptor

I think they push out about 3 kegs, I will be using mine for the first time over the holidays :beer:

From back in my old pistol shooting days and shooting with a CO2 air pistol, I used to refill my CO2 cylinders for my air pistol myself.
Im a fitter n turner so im ok but others may not be so lucky, if you place the cylinder you want to fill in the freezer for about 20-30 mins to really chill it down then when you bring it out screw straight onto main CO2 cyl and open valve (keep in mind u need a fitting that can open the sodastream bottle when its screwed on also) the soda stream cyl being cold will suck in the gas better and ensure it fills also you can see when its filling by the frost line on the soda stream cyl it moves up to the top as the gas fills in to it.
Although i must admit i have never done a sodastream bottle but the principle should remain the same maybe try a little first to check if you get the correct weight for the cylinder first nothing worse than a half full cyl and running out of gas for your brew at a party :chug:

Latest posts

Back