Sodastream Bulb - How Long Will It Last

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haggy05

Reaction score
Ok, I am after some help. The plan is to have a fresh brew in a 9L keg for xmas, setup in a small wheelie bin, covered in ice etc.
Question, having never used this setup previously, I am looking at using one of the "CO2 Sodastream Cartridges and Adaptor" for pouring from the keg. Anyone used one of these, how long did it last and is the pressure ok or does it need some form of regulating?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Chris

you will need a gas reg and adaptor..should get about 2 kegs..Kmart has a special on Sodstream bottles 2 For $50 or you could get 540gram bottle for about seventy..also sodstream bottles are not recommend to force carb..

..also sodstream bottles are not recommend to force carb..

Why not? I do it and it works great.

For about 100g of gas I push through my 9L keg of star san, purge the keg at 300kpa after filling, then carbonate at 80kpa rolling keg on floor
for about 20mins.

Cheers

just what i have read in other post's,i run a 6kg bottle and only use sodastream as a standby

Works fine to force carb using 330g soda stream.Would be cheaper to use a big bottle or cheaper still to prime with sugar.I've force carbed with 74g bulbs too but it's not cheap.

just what i have read in other post's,i run a 6kg bottle and only use sodastream as a standby

Yeah i would love to have a big bottle! BUT the costs associated with travel to get it filled or swap make not worth my while , particularly for my usage.
Soda stream definitely is not the cheapest way to use Co2 that's for sure, but like most things depends on your situation. I get mine for $12 from local
Ag supplies store.

Back