Soda Stream Activator.?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppa joe

Reaction score
Anyone have a Soda Stream Adaptor ....From Ross...
And can tell me what activates the valve to turn it on ...?
PICTURE maybe..?
Cheers
PJ

there is no activator - you need a regulator on the end.

basically all it does is changes the thread from Soda Stream thread to the thread on a regulator.

EDIT.... DUH, what Pok said below... too early in the morning for me to be giving advice... :wacko:

There is a little pin on the inside that depresses a pin on the soda-stream cannister...its in the centre of the threaded section. As you screw the adapter on the pin is depressed allowing the CO2 out of the bottle.

I hope this makes sense.

There is a little pin on the inside that depresses a pin on the soda-stream cannister...its in the centre of the threaded section. As you screw the adapter on the pin is depressed allowing the CO2 out of the bottle.

I hope this makes sense.

Yeah that's basically it. If he's trying to recreate one without actually buying one first it's gunna be hard, even with good pics.

---

You basically just screw the cannister in as quick as possible. There's a point where it starts to engage and gas escapes but you have to keep screwing until you hear the gas stop.

Obviously have to put the reg to zero before hand and connect the reg side up first.

I don't know of a way to hook it up without a little bit of gas escaping.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks Pok....
That is what i wanted to know..If it had a pin inside to activate...?
I have a dozen or so Soda stream Co2 cylinders ..
I just bought 4 kegs off Ross..And want to try Sodastream out before
I think about what i will do.I have Regulators , BUT no Big Bottle of Co2..
Cheers
PJ

You basically just screw the cannister in as quick as possible. There's a point where it starts to engage and gas escapes but you have to keep screwing until you hear the gas stop.

Obviously have to put the reg to zero before hand and connect the reg side up first.

I don't know of a way to hook it up without a little bit of gas escaping.

That is what i thought Mark..
You lose a bit of gas....
Cheers
PJ

Info on how to make one here.

****** Special Note ********

Aus C02 bottles are not BSP thread, you must use the correct thread form. (can't remember what it is though)

remenber, high pressure gas is dangerous. I take no responsibility for injury

Check the thread form on you soda stream bottle, I know full size co2 bottles are not 3/8" bsp

View attachment Soda_Stream_Adaptor.doc

Thanks for that Info. Daryl5412.

Printed it out and will have a look what to do later in the day..

I just need something till i get two 'e' size bottles i have checked and date stamped.
Cheers
PJ

Thanks fellas.

Made one similar to Daryl2541 "s Post.
Looks like it will work OK,For my Reg...and later another fitting
to refill the Soda stream..
Cheers
PJ

Latest posts

Back