So What Do I Want For Christmas?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Effect

Hop extract brewer
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

Christmas is nearly here and my girlfriend is asking me what I want for christmas. Now I want something beer related but am unsure of what I should ask for? $300 worth of beer from the international beer shop to get an understanding of different styles etc? Some new brewing gear? Some kegs? I just don't know what would be better at this present time...

I have been brewing for 11 months now, have 4 kegs, kegerator with 2 taps, an AG set up that I am happy with and can't really expand at the present moment and I just bought a wicked grain mill (millmaster)...

Were you in my position what would you want to get?

Cheers
Phil

(keep in mind, whatever she gets me I feel obliged to spend roughly the same on her - so a beerbelly turnkey brewery is out of the question - we are looking around the $300 - $400 mark)

Hey everybody!

Christmas is nearly here and my girlfriend is asking me what I want for christmas. Now I want something beer related but am unsure of what I should ask for? $300 worth of beer from the international beer shop to get an understanding of different styles etc? Some new brewing gear? Some kegs? I just don't know what would be better at this present time...

I have been brewing for 11 months now, have 4 kegs, kegerator with 2 taps, an AG set up that I am happy with and can't really expand at the present moment and I just bought a wicked grain mill (millmaster)...

Were you in my position what would you want to get?

Cheers
Phil

(keep in mind, whatever she gets me I feel obliged to spend roughly the same on her - so a beerbelly turnkey brewery is out of the question - we are looking around the $300 - $400 mark)

2 more taps to go with your 4 kegs

What about a march pump and a HE?

or one of these? :ph34r:

21778.jpg

2 more taps to go with your 4 kegs

Unfortunately there is no room for more kegs in the fridge :(

Next year she will get me a chest freezer for the kegs...then another 2 taps will be on the cards...just don't have the room in the apartment for a new kegerator atm :(

what about some gear to make the kegs portable? $80 and your up and away for 1 keg.
refractometer,
a dirty weekend
as suggested by Chap Chap, march pump (or the outfit &/or the girl as well)
some international beers but not $300 worth.
brewing books

My vote: Fermentation fridge and a temperature controller.

As you are already AG temperature control for fermentation will make the most difference to your beer and allow you to do lagers if you are so inclined. Also allows you to brew all year round - brew when you feel like it not when you have a suitable 5 day forecast!

$300 worth of Chinese Hops will go a long way! :p

+1 for Refractometer

and a PH meter, and a digital thermometer.

(Or a side car for your scooter to hold the portable beer keg dispenser!)

**** christmas threads in October.

Bad enough the shops have been full of fake christmas trees since September.

get her to buy you the sex in the city boxset.

keeping her occupied so you can brew more.......priceless.

get her to buy you the sex in the city boxset.

keeping her occupied so you can brew more.......priceless.

i'm buying her heros and lost dvd box sets...so got that covered...

a lot of the suggestions are spot on...but I already have em :( (except for the portable keg set up - but that is something I am going to have to build)

She wanted to buy me some of the beer packs from the international beer shop...but yeah...I am stumped on what she should get me :(

Seriously, get another 4 keg deal...... ;)

They are a great investment anyhow, they will run out 1 day in the world and will be worth a fortune plus you can store some Big Beers for ageing/winter.....

:icon_cheers: CB

Seriously, get another 4 keg deal...... ;)

They are a great investment anyhow, they will run out 1 day in the world and will be worth a fortune plus you can store some Big Beers for ageing/winter.....

:icon_cheers: CB

hmmm...4 kegs and some beers would go down very well for christmas ;)

I'll put it towards her...

Cheers
Phil

now, just to pick some beers that are 'must try once before you die' - btw, my first order of beers from the international beer shop arrived today, 2 x murray's anniversary ale, saison dupont, aecht rauchbier (maerzen), westmalle tripel, rogues dead guy and a bottle of orval...can't wait till my 28 days of no drinking are over!

Back