So... I Finally Got Around To Making My Alcoholic Water

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the agents added to metho are difficult to remove without a decent set-up because they have vapourisation temps close to ethanol. The idea being that if you have the time money and equipment needed to separate them, you could either afford to just buy some decent booze or simply make it yourself.

Likewise I dont really get the point of this whole thread I have long ago outgrown the desire to make cheap piss in any form, rather concentrate on quality be it whiskey, wine, beer.....
Mark

This thread is a bit like watching a dead bird being eaten by ants - horrifying but strangely compelling... :ph34r:

Cheers
Dave

Heh, harsh.

I never laid any claim to class. These are an alternative to alcopops... Not usually my thing, but the ginger beer is refreshing, an improvement on any of the kits or other recipes I've tried. Only brewed alternative I've found that's actually sweet. And the lemon squash goes down well with alcopop loving mates at barbecues. Objective achieved.

I think its an interesting thread thanks tanga. If you dont like it don't read it?

Sort of comment that always makes me wonder how you know whether you like apple pie? Until after you try it.
M

So, an update. I have just compared the flavours of the two bottles. The one I added carbon to is pretty much tasteless, whereas the one without has a definite wine tang in the finish. I just put them both in the fridge and will report back how they taste with cordial tonight or tomorrow.

I Was thinking of doing this and adding non-fermentable flavourings, lactose for sweetness, and bottle priming like beer. Would that work in theory :)

citymorgue2 said:
Im glad your happy with the results but can you explain the attraction of oztops? its just a bottle with a stupid 'nipple/valve' thing that pops out when ready and yeast
Hasn't actually been answered yet. My wife had some oztops. As far as I remember, the clever thing with oztops is the lids act like one-way pressure sensitive valves. This means you get the benefit of an airlock, no exploding bottles and because of the pressure sensitiveness, a fuzzy or lightly fizzy beverage, depending on which colour lid you use.

Likewise, you also get two types of yeast, a cleaner one and a fruitier one.

Not a bad toy for $10

Latest posts

Back