Snap Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenjak

Reaction score
Hi fellow Brewers,

I have been using standard clear plastic fermenter taps and they are starting to get that light brown staining in them. I understand the snap taps come apart and can be cleaned easier. Is this true and if so are they better for this reason?

Thanks,

BGL

standard taps come apart just as easy

Just punch out the middle with a screwdriver and sanitise the two piece's

I use the standard taps at the moment and if they are becoming discolored i replace them

The snap taps screw apart which may seem simpler witha spring and plunger type setup inside

Somebody else might be able to tell you if they are any good

kleiny

Hi fellow Brewers,

I have been using standard clear plastic fermenter taps and they are starting to get that light brown staining in them. I understand the snap taps come apart and can be cleaned easier. Is this true and if so are they better for this reason?

Thanks,

BGL

Your information is correct.
"Beneficial" (Brand name) snap taps are much easier to clean & maintain. Well worth the extra dollars.

TP :beer:

Your information is correct.
"Beneficial" (Brand name) snap taps are much easier to clean & maintain. Well worth the extra dollars.

TP :beer:

+1
I have many fermenters and all now have snap taps.

Batz

+1
I have many fermenters and all now have snap taps.

Batz

They are good, just make sure the cat/dog/toddler doesn't stand on the tap (they will find a way <_< ).

The only thing I can add here is that make sure , if using plugs or flowers that you do not let any flowers/flower bits get in to the fermenter as they will block the tap quick as. A real PITA. Apart from that I love them, they make bottling a lot more enjoyable.

If bottling can be classed as enjoyable that is ;)

Also good for when taking hydro readings during ferment.. nothing worse than having a stuck tap and twisting the thing too hard and have the tap loosen or overturn and losing some in the process.

Actually having a fermenter tip over in te front seat of your car would be worse :D

Cheers Brad

Snap taps are the shiz, just be sure to get the right type that will fit your bottling wand/racking cane/whatever. The generic camping shop ones don't fit the bottling wand.

Back