Sleepless After Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I used to be like this but I find the beers I drink at the gig (my wife sings with me and is designated driver!) do the job pretty well.

+1 to the fast food though :)

I agree. Get stuck into it early on.

OP's situation is like a working musician's situation after a gig (i am a working muso/music teacher for a living). I don't know of any guys in bands that can get home from a gig and go straight to sleep.

Usually for me, it's shit fast food (thanks taxi driver..) and "rage" on the tv in the garage/brewery for an hour or so after a show.

I don't have any troubles sleeping after a brewday though.

seriously mate, you need to be atleast half-pissed at the end of the boil.

Failing that:

-Full Time Day job
-Parenting Duties
-Etc, Etc, Etc..........................

Or have a root during the mash..................... :lol:

seriously mate, you need to be atleast half-pissed at the end of the boil.

Failing that:

-Full Time Day job
-Parenting Duties
-Etc, Etc, Etc..........................

Or have a root during the mash..................... :lol:

The last one ;) I mash in when my misses wakes up (although I been up since 6am but the bubs been up since 7am) so I really cant mash in till she is up or just let the bubs roam in the shed (done before). I dont think I ever have drunk threw a AG batch yet as its always done before 4-5pm lol.

Oh he I did mash in when I was looking after the bubs and misses was at work, Put the bubs with the dogs and just let her eat as much dog shit as she liked lol, good way to keep them occupied and build up there immune system. least its only 5 mins here and there you really have to be in the brewery. Misses comes home and goes "you can brew now!!" I was like yep just added the first hops into the boil :p she wonders how come she cannot get work done with the bubs around, dogs are good entertainment and if she wasnt chasing them I was chasing her from the hot pots and burners.

some good thoughts and ideas there guys!

i think it is the mind is still on the job.

i am now certain that the best way around this will be to consume as i go.

Back