Sink The Bismarck

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol:

I'm interested.... 40 quid a stubbie is heavy going though. Anyone want to go sixths in a 6 pack if they ship to Aus?

:lol:

I'm interested.... 40 quid a stubbie is heavy going though. Anyone want to go sixths in a 6 pack if they ship to Aus?

It's too rich for me, I would buy into a bottle but I would want the whole thing. I did inquire about international shipping from them in the past. They charge a flat rate of 60 quid up to 12 bottles. No discounts if you don't fill the box.

Jaysus.. that's ~ $120+ a bottle landed here... Think I might retract my offer. I doubt there will be 12 people willing at that price

Why not get intouch with the guys that import brewdog into Aust already. maybe they will get a case in for those interested in a bottle.

Why not get intouch with the guys that import brewdog into Aust already. maybe they will get a case in for those interested in a bottle.

Given the price of TNP at $130 a bottle I can only imagine that this will be closer to $150, a price very few will pay.

For those in Melbournes northern suburbs pop into Carwyn cellars at 829 High St Thornbury. I was in there only yesterday and the guy that runs the place was telling me how he was trying to get some of the 32% tactical nuclear penquin (by the same mob) Think he said $100 for 330ml stubbie. Bit much for me but he was saying that he's had guys willing to pay up front.

After seeing this last night I had to give it ago :p

Chuck some american brown in the freezer at work today (about -27C) and gave it a shake every hr to help an ice slurry form instead of an ice block. Ended up with 500ml of about 35% eis-beer... and from the small sample Ive had it was quite pleasant :) I expected it to be very hot like spirits but I think the concentrated residual sugars help to smooth it out.

Ill have a few glasses tonight once it has warmed up and report back.. if I remember :D

After seeing this last night I had to give it ago :p

Chuck some american brown in the freezer at work today (about -27C) and gave it a shake every hr to help an ice slurry form instead of an ice block. Ended up with 500ml of about 35% eis-beer... and from the small sample Ive had it was quite pleasant :) I expected it to be very hot like spirits but I think the concentrated residual sugars help to smooth it out.

Ill have a few glasses tonight once it has warmed up and report back.. if I remember :D

Are you still alive? I'm interested in your tasting report!

Cheers!

How did you come up with the 35% figure Jye?

I'm curious because after a cold crash incident resulting in an ice slurry a few weeks ago, I've decided to put "eisbeer" into the brew-queue. The sample I had before I let the slurry disolve was delicious.

Given the price of TNP at $130 a bottle I can only imagine that this will be closer to $150, a price very few will pay.

Will be $200+ a stubbie - We have a few bottles arriving this month. Some Bottleshops down south have been ordering cartons, you must have money to burn down there....

Cheers Ross

Will be $200+ a stubbie - We have a few bottles arriving this month. Some Bottleshops down south have been ordering cartons, you must have money to burn down there....

Cheers Ross

You could have 2 stubbies of my beer for $200, drop in anytime.

QldKev

I had a generous tasting of the Bismarck at pre-zbf in Belgium last week courtesy of Martin. Trust me it's amazing stuff, I can't think of anything to describe it to. Imagine the most hoppiest West Coast DIPA and multilpy it three fold. And it's ridicoulously easy to drink, only the slightest warmth in the finish.

The Pengiun has too much heat and yeah sort of a liquid mess but I've had tougher 16-18% Impy stouts to drink.

Luckily I only paid a few euros but good luck to those paying the big bucks.

Back