Simple "Spreadsheet"?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benn

Reaction score
I've been searching for an easy to use digital document to record recipes with, currently I'm just typing up each brew in 'word' and saving it, it's pretty shit.
I've tried the 'brewers friend' version but can't seem to edit the PDF. I found this: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/29655-kit-and-extract-beer-spreadsheet/?p=990422 which is great but seems to play up a bit (probly just me)
Some of my beers should never be brewed again so I'd like a more effective means of storing my "recipes."

What are other people using?

Bit old school, but works for me

I also use promash

5065046259_9ce1285dc7.jpg

I use Beersmith for design and records

Try Googling "brew record excel" and/or "brew log excel".
it comes up with quite a few links

Ducatiboy stu said:
Bit old school, but works for me

I also use promash

5065046259_9ce1285dc7.jpg
I use promash as well and it is great as it does everything you need it to. If I hadn't started with it and had half my recipes on it I'd be using beersmith because it it much more up to date with ingredients etc

I use brew mate and print a copy for brew day, then get all old school with a pen to record ferm temps, times and tasting notes on the sheet. Then put into a folder for future reference.

What about ianh's spreadsheet?
Works perfectly for me. Easily customized also. Combine it w Bru'N water's spreadsheet. Everything's covered!
I then record notes in the cells below the hops cells - all the details like mash schedule, salt additions, actual OG/FG/vols etc.
And it's all free!!
(Cheers Ian & Martin! Most appreciated for these resources).

Is Promash still kicking Stu? Googling seems to lead to a dead end.

It depends on whether you want something to assist in recipe design or only one to record your brews. I also use Brewsmith like many others here (previously used Ian's and it was great for kit & extract design), but for each brew batch I also record and monitor the ferment on a very simple spreadsheet of my making. It keeps slowly evolving and now auto-graphs the SG readings to monitor fermentation, allows and compensates for post-pitch refractomer readings etc. But it is of absolutely no bloody use until the yeast is pitched. There's also a linked in Brew Summary spreadsheet which is the entry point for access to the individual batches.

Let me know if it's of any use to you, and I'll tidy up the latest revisions and post it all. Cheers.

Beersmith2 looks pretty good, it seems pretty straight forward.. Your spreadsheet sounds ideal as a running journal type record antiphile, I think I speak for all of us here at AHB when I say "Post er up mate" :beer:

Latest posts

Back