Silly Season

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought dogbolter was the tradesmans drink of choice over there verynewtohomebrew. do you still get that?
of all places to drink crown lager than in perth.

we get crown at work every month (free beer at meetings :) hehe sweet... I hate crown, i have almost been sick tying to drink it now i drive the cascade light, i find it better than crown.... altho not great, i have a beer then hoon home to have some home brew... then some more.... and more.... ahhh sleep :)

I used to think crown was No. 1.... why? because it is aint it? well thats what everyone woulod say and your silly to think otherwise

my point is, if everyone tell's you its great you then belive it, and hence why people drink crown. The home brew club i started at work went from 4 at a taste test / swap thing one friday to about 40 people hanging around drinking our beers and not the crown etc within a hour :)

I had peole asking for recipies and all sorts its great!!!!

we had a comp at work and hey i won pilsner with GMK Ken's morgans recipe thanks Ken!!!!

yeah dogbolter is still around not everywhere tho

I saw a few ppl drinking nail beer the other day!!

Also for all you non FHM readers Coopers voted number one beer - Crown got a shitty vote Becks won the boutique beers section cant remeber them all but all in all a funny read for the judges comments specially the crown one something about shit beer drunk by people who think standing at the bar with a crown in there hand makes them look cool!! :chug:

Ben

Congrats on entering the winners circle and establishing new home brew converts...... :D

How is everything going....

heck i cant wait for the carton of boags draft we get to share between four of us as a christmas bonus every year!!

I only buy Coopers, Mountain Goat and anything new I want to try. But i will be paying for James Squire as well as LCPA. (gonna try that next)
Still reckon crowns tastes ok though. As a matter of fact I reckon all beers brewed in Oz are fine.
whats that old saying? (showing my age now) :)
never miss your water till..........?

cheers B)

Don't forget, even the worst beer in the world is the best one you've ever had if you've drunk nothing else...

Thing is, it's like asking whether its possible to run the 100m any faster. Surely its not possible to brew a better stout than Guiness? Someone surely doesn't make a better bitter than London Pride?

So many beers - so little time...

I was at another vendor Xmas party last night and got stuck into the Stella Artois. Does anyone else get a headache the morning after a Stella session? I ~always~ get one... yet I keep drinking the stuff... it goes down soooo nice!

Had the wife's work xmas party on Saturday night.
Was one of those one type of beer, one type of champagne style parties.
So when I saw it was Tooheys New there was no doubt.

Honey, you tuck into the champagne, I'll drive home :D

Actually I knew from previous years the beer was going to be a dissappointment so I wasn't overly surprised.

Beers,
Doc

PostModern said:
I was at another vendor Xmas party last night and got stuck into the Stella Artois. Does anyone else get a headache the morning after a Stella session? I ~always~ get one... yet I keep drinking the stuff... it goes down soooo nice!
I keep getting called a 'shiela' when I start on the Stellas. Damn Queenslanders :angry:. Not the best beer, but often the best of what is on tap. I never have a problem with headaches on it though, one of the kinder beers on my head actually.

I was in Doc's situation at our christmas party. I took a look at the beer and drank red wine all night.

well my works pissup will have west end muck but at least they will have coopers

Ah. Murray. The work social club has had a pretty good year this year.

Looking at the Majella Shiraz, Reschke Tintalus Cab Sav & Penfolds 407 as the reds.

Likely to add Jas Squire Amber to the beers.

Staying sober might not be an option.

Lucky I can't drive! :chug:

Just had the first work bash last night ... I have got to say VB tastes like absolute s#@t <_< . I had to try one but after a couple of mouthfuls I went straight for the red.

Got anther do tonight but this ones at JB Oriely's so they should have some good stuff on tap :D

Urgh.

Had my work christmas function last night.

I think I had too much to drink. Only just got myself out of bed in the last hour or so. I should of stuck to the stout and brown porter rather than mixing drinks (red wine, scotch etc).

I enjoyed the beers at the Old Swan anyway, I'd recommend it if you're looking for somewhere to have a quiet beer outside. However the food was very average :(

I reckon you should get whatever you can out of your work xmas party. I'm being biased here. I work for one of the larger organisations around the place. Last year they asked us to "contribute" $10 to have a chrissie party. Well you can imagine how that went down. This year at least they are having a lunch for us but I doubt there will be any alcohol. Put it down to "cost cutting". Members of the board have all given themselves massive bonuses on top of their massive pay rises blah blah blah you get the picture..
tightarses
I'll let you know how the soft drink tastes :D :D

Well............I hit the f@#&%*ing Jackpot, and had a religious experience at the same time!
My work do was lunch today, at "Skeltey's"(?) level one of the Woolloomooloo hotel. 5 St Arnou beers and LCPA on tap and FREE!. The religious experience came when I had the owner and his sons asking me to direct the beers to have with which meals. A quick look down the table and I had half the company(10 of the 20 present) waiting on what I said. So I started off with the St Arnou bohemian Pilsener before the starter GB(garlic bread). Moved onto the St Cloud Belgian white with the entrees of various seafood(Prawns/salt&pepper squid).Then split the crowd with the LCPA and the ST Arnou pale ale for the mains of steak and chicken.
I advised those having chocolate brownie and choc icecream to order the final beer before desert arrived, which was the Bootleg brewery Raging bull stout, just to give it time to "warm up"(never thought I ever say that) to release the correct flavours into the ale.
Pretty basic and standard matchings, but I think I converted a few to REAL quality beers.
Also had the St Arnou Premium......another boags/cascade/hahn premium...not fussed.The others... WOW!

Still strange to see the bosses sinking pints of LCPA and Coopers ! And all the beers were served in correctly labelled and styled glasses!

A day I will always remember!

Linz i want to join your company!! At our work function, we had Hahn Light and XXXX Gold to choose from. I had one XXXX Gold and convinced a few of the lads to follow me down to the new Belgian Beer Cafe. Ahhhh much better - no crap beer, and no Divisional Manager!

- Snow

Linz

Congrats on a job well done...

Did they give you any of the glasses to keep as a momento....

Linz,

Outstanding work. Go to the top of the AHB class. Your firm has by far the best beer taste I've ever heard of. Hell, I'd be happy with a normal paid session with those beers. Never tried the St. Arnou brews but I'm keen. I work at the Uni of Newcastle (yeah I know, shoudn't really admit things like that), and not only don't we get ANY beer bought for our XMAS do, we have to bring our own and share it 'round. Good for meeting people from other departments but hardly comparable to your work show. Mmmm envy... :rolleyes: Am heading to a "gentleman's lunch" tomorrow at 1 with a few workmates to wet St. Nick's head. Could get ugly... Gotta love this time of year.

Happy Xmas all.

Shawn :chug: :chug: :chug:

Latest posts

Back