Sierra Nevada @ Dan Murphy's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same Price here in Queensland from Dan's website.

Wonder if it is as good as the Ballast Point Porter which is $11.95 a 640ml bottle.

Sierra Navada Porter is a great beer. If you want to try brewing it for yourself, this recipe gives great results.

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: Sierra Navada Porter
Brewer: Browndog
Asst Brewer: Jess
Style: Robust American Porter
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 24.00 L
Boil Size: 32.79 L
Estimated OG: 1.063 SG
Estimated Color: 27.1 SRM
Estimated IBU: 43.4 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80.00 %
Boil Time: 75 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.40 kg Pale Malt, Ale (Barrett Burston) (3.0 SRM)Grain 88.39 %
0.30 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L (80.0 SRM) Grain 4.99 %
0.30 kg Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 4.99 %
0.10 kg Black (Patent) Malt (500.0 SRM) Grain 1.64 %
15.00 gm Nugget [13.00 %] (60 min) Hops 19.3 IBU
20.00 gm Centennial [9.90 %] (60 min) Hops 19.6 IBU
15.00 gm Cascade [6.00 %] (15 min) Hops 4.4 IBU
0.50 tsp Koppafloc (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs US05 From Trub (Safale) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 6.11 kg
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
90 min Mash In Add 15.95 L of water at 79.5 C 67.8 C

cheers

Browndog

They must be doing a push, like Macs have been doing lately, into the Oz market.

I got a six from a mere BWS at Maroochydore when I was on holiday there a few weeks ago.
IMHO Browndog's APA shytes all over SNPA so listen to the man when he speaks.

:)

They must be doing a push, like Macs have been doing lately, into the Oz market.

I got a six from a mere BWS at Maroochydore when I was on holiday there a few weeks ago.
IMHO Browndog's APA shytes all over SNPA so listen to the man when he speaks.

:)

Browndog's gets my vote as well. :beer:

BWS in Burleigh Heads has this:

img_2759.jpg

10 for 10% Not much of a deal considering the way they skin you if you buy singles or sixes compared to the case price.

$100.00 for 12x Ballast Point Porter has just got to be taking the piss. At that price they can keep it till it goes out of date.

img_2759.jpg
I picked up a couple of these myself at Wollies Liquor today. $12 each or if you buy 3 or more, they cost $10 each. 710ml bottles.

I also got some Sierra Nevada Porter and Stout from Dan's yesterday.

Even turned up at a BWS here in Tas (Riverside for those interested). I'd like to say that they were in worse nick than the bottlo who gets in the good craft beer, but not so. In the fridge too.

What did you think of it. I got one at Dan's at Mermaid Beach yesterday. I enjoyed it but maybe not $12 enjoy?

Nice beer they had these and the ballast point porter 3 for $30

Definitely don't think the harvest is worth 12 considering I bought a six pack of ballast ipa for 18

BWS Glebe also has the longies of Burleigh Brewings Dark Coffee Lager (cant remember the exact name name)

I'll be keeping an eye out for the Porter, is it on a par with the BigEye?

It would need to be damn good to justify the price. The IPA is outstanding IMO but as a cheapskate I buy the Zwiec Porter which is quite drinkable. I need to get down to Dan's and have a scout round again. So much to sample and not enough cash <_<

img_2759.jpg

What does it mean by 1st Release? Are there multiple releases of the 2012 southern around? Does it have the USA health details on the bottle or the local variation (sans the standard drinks / importer sticker)?

What does it mean by 1st Release? Are there multiple releases of the 2012 southern around? Does it have the USA health details on the bottle or the local variation (sans the standard drinks / importer sticker)?

Has the US health warning

Back