Sierra Nevada@dan Murphys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan's in Port Macquarie is the latest of their stores to open.
Cannot find it in stock there.
They do have Timothy Taylor Landlord. Finally got to try that one, at least.

and i guess i'm not the only one that won't be surprised if i walk into any Brisbane Dan's and NOT see sierra nevada <_<

Get onto their website, look up the beer you want and press "check stock in stores" and it'll tell you which stores have it and if they are running low.
For example, Woolloongabba, Chermside and Holland Park are out of stock of SN PA, but Hamilton has it...

Saw the torpedo at a cellarbrations, i was quite surprised as it is only small shop as well. I hadnt had one before so I got one and it was lubbery :icon_drool2:

bah

B&H - is this the cellarbrations on Shaw Road?

There aren't many cellarbrations around anymore (well over our side of town), so I'm hoping that they've done it.

+1 argon - Dan's won't have it. I live between 3 of them, and it takes forever to get something, then they try to make a fanfare of it like they are the doyern of craft bittering. The absolute retardedness they carried on with when they got the Mad Brewer's Stout Noir was self-sycophantic to say the least.

Goomba

Burwood is out of stock, Alexandria had HEAPS of all the SN range, but none in fridges.....:(

Dan's in Port Macquarie is the latest of their stores to open.
Cannot find it in stock there.
They do have Timothy Taylor Landlord. Finally got to try that one, at least.
Warra wot do u reckon?????? bloody top drop isnt it?!!!!!!!!

B&H - is this the cellarbrations on Shaw Road?

There aren't many cellarbrations around anymore (well over our side of town), so I'm hoping that they've done it.

+1 argon - Dan's won't have it. I live between 3 of them, and it takes forever to get something, then they try to make a fanfare of it like they are the doyern of craft bittering. The absolute retardedness they carried on with when they got the Mad Brewer's Stout Noir was self-sycophantic to say the least.

Goomba
na mate sorry, at Karalee shopping centre. over near Ippy

bah

Warra wot do u reckon?????? bloody top drop isnt it?!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the Landlord is a top drop. Could get used to it very easily, but not on a self-funded retiree's resources. At $8 for a litre, it's an occasional treat.
Even mrs warra was impressed with the toffee caramel like notes on the palate, but it's not cloying, with prefect bitterness on the finish.

Swung by Dans on the way home (Eltham VIC) and grabbed a sixer of the Pale (they also had the Torpedo IPA). Will be quite a tasty evening tonight.

Cheers SJ

Yeah, the Landlord is a top drop. Could get used to it very easily, but not on a self-funded retiree's resources. At $8 for a litre, it's an occasional treat.
Even mrs warra was impressed with the toffee caramel like notes on the palate, but it's not cloying, with prefect bitterness on the finish.
We just gotta keep annoying Wyeast to release the1469 west yorkshire ale and we can start trying to knock em out!!!!!! :icon_cheers:

Why do so many Aussies brewers get a hard-on about SNPA ? Sure, it's a great, great style example, but any half decent brewer can knock out the equivalent or better for under $30 a corny keg. There's no magical moondust exclusive to this brewery that we can't access as an ingredient.

Many of you are getting ripped off because you're buying into the name/legend, instead of the beer. What's that old marketing saying.. Sell the sizzle not the steak

Why do so many Aussies brewers get a hard-on about SNPA ? Sure, it's a great, great style example, but any half decent brewer can knock out the equivalent or better for under $30 a corny keg. There's no magical moondust exclusive to this brewery that we can't access as an ingredient.

Many of you are getting ripped off because you're buying into the name/legend, instead of the beer. What's that old marketing saying.. Sell the sizzle not the steak
Well firstly I would say that there's not many, if any, brewers in the world that shouldn't try "great great" examples of a style because if you think you can't learn something, good or bad, then you don't know as much as you think you do.

Maybe because it's a chance to try a beer that defined a style and was one of those that led the way for the rise of craft beer in the US and realistically therefore here? Sometimes the steak and the sizzle sell themselves...

Well firstly I would say that there's not many, if any, brewers in the world that shouldn't try "great great" examples of a style because if you think you can't learn something, good or bad, then you don't know as much as you think you do.

Maybe because it's a chance to try a beer that defined a style and was one of those that led the way for the rise of craft beer in the US and realistically therefore here? Sometimes the steak and the sizzle sell themselves...

I admit that I'm one who often buys singles for up to $15 a pop. At least every two weeks. But for the hefty & unjustified pricetag that SNPA commands in Oz (often, not in this case), it's easy enough to brew a whole batch for the price of a 6'er.

SNPA is not the tears of god. It's am American Pale Ale.

Checked online and they stock the SNPA, Torpedo IPA and the Kellerweise at the Dan Murhpy's close to me. Will buy a 6 back of each...maybe not the kellerweise...

Cheers

... the equivalent or better for under $30 a corny keg. There's no magical moondust exclusive to this brewery that we can't access as an ingredient.

$30! What do you put in it? Moondust? 19L of SNPA is half that.

it's easy enough to brew a whole batch for the price of a 6'er.
SNPA is not the tears of god. It's am American Pale Ale.

Totally agree ST.
However, for me it's about familiarising myself with a style and what I want from a beer i might make. For a novice brewer like me it's about what is the bar that I am aiming for and is this a variation of the style (not all APA's are the same) that I would want to make. I'd love to try NZ Epic beers but they are heaps more expensive than SN beers...

Sierra Nevada has been available fresh, direct, and refrigerated, from independant liquor stores for the past 2 months. In fact, the second shipment with the Southern Hemisphere Harvest landed 2 weeks ago, with the third shipment with several more seasonals due in a couple of weeks.

If your "local Dan's" doesn't have it, check out one of your local independant liquor stores :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back