Show Us Your Local

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is the Beach Palace in Coogee, generally crap beers,but I will go the Coopers Pale or the Beez Knees at a pinch, million dollar views though

Nice one Mike, always seem to end up @ Coogee Bay Hotel when I lived in Bondi, prolly coz I had a mate who lived on top of one of the shops on CB Rd. across the road. However I did notice the last time I was in the Beach Palace (........wasn't it called the Dolphin at some stage???) they had a jumper of my SANFL team, the mighty Double Blues, up on the wall there!!!! (a link with the Bali Bombings )

Nice one Mike, always seem to end up @ Coogee Bay Hotel when I lived in Bondi, prolly coz I had a mate who lived on top of one of the shops on CB Rd. across the road. However I did notice the last time I was in the Beach Palace (........wasn't it called the Dolphin at some stage???) they had a jumper of my SANFL team, the mighty Double Blues, up on the wall there!!!! (a link with the Bali Bombings )

yes i do recall that the Sturt boys were over there on their end of season bash at the time of the bombings ....

No photos but I live five minutes walk from Clancy's Fish Pub. It's hard to go past one of their hand-pumped house bitters at the moment.

not my local anymore :( , but was for a whiles :) .. The Ewood Arms, Blackburn (northern england)
(i didnt take the photo by the way)

arms.jpg

i dont really have a local anymore, there are so many in the area that i like to mix it up when out and about
in Manly it would be the ivanhoe or the bavarian
in the city it would be JSB or Redoak
and when in mosman, the duck or the oaks

Kong, like you i miss the northern english pub. Here was mine, the Woodman Inn, Durham.

6 handpulls, generally a few staples and the others changed on a fortnightly-ish basis.

Coming back to Oz i lasted 1 month before picking up the brewing hobby (well, dusting off the fermenters and starting again). Miss a real ale.

View attachment 12549

The "world famous" :blink: Eimeo hotel is my local. No pics of the hotel itself, but check out the view from the beer garden.
2249261_View_from_the_balcony_Mackay.jpg

Not too bad eh?

The Elizabethan village, Bedfordale, WA

This shot shows the B&B not the pub.It's a brew pub run by Darling Range Brewing, built in the same style though.View attachment 12369View attachment 12369[attachment=123
0:attachment]

the 'bethan used to be my local many years ago, i used to live about 500m up canns road from it. when i was a kid, well before the brewpub opened there used to be a lolli shop in there that i used to frequent often.

some good memories of that place.

Ok I'll kick it off

Kin Kin Pub
View attachment 12367

Soon to be renovated big time,will have 12 beers on tap,with a couple of special beers picked each month by a good local brewer.
You will always get friendly welcome in this small town country pub

Batz

http://www.gdaypubs.com.au/KinKin/index.html

Not keen going on my own (Especially as I will not be in bare feet) :p
When are you going to give me the tour Batz??? :ph34r:
Can't say I know any good local brewers up your way? Do you? :lol:
:beer:

Mine is the Beach Palace in Coogee, generally crap beers,but I will go the Coopers Pale or the Beez Knees at a pinch, million dollar views though

Hey, I used to drink there in the 90's. Do the girls still wander in wearing bikinis straight from the beach :super:

The Lansdowne is my local (coopers on tap) , thou the Rose gets a look in now & then (little creatures).

DSC00096.JPG

gees you blokes are lucky to have locals like these all the pubs in my town are full of bogans ,dero's and ugly women sitting on pokies all day.

and the beer is crap "worst end draught" and the idea of an imported beer is "vb" and you will get beaten up if you get seen drinking that poofy boutique stuff or mugged in the carparks when you leave cos they think your rich.
Tanget will know what pirie is like.
my local is my own pub at home now i dont just have a bar any more i have built a pub around it. lol

might have to visit some of these in my next lot of 4x4 adventures.

delboy

Don't have a local :( except for the bowls club up the road that dispenses mega swill.
Closest pubs are about 7k's away both north & south (With ocean to the east & river to the west).
Both of these are clones of the bowls club so when my kegs run out I just dive into my emergency bottle storage (Belgiums & Scottish + extras from kegging) :beerbang:

Got no need for mega swill pubs. :lol:

:beer:

another local at home yeee ha !

i think thats the best local of all?

delboy

The Lansdowne is my local (coopers on tap) , thou the Rose gets a look in now & then (little creatures).

View attachment 12557

whhooaa, since when did the rose have LCPA on tap redbeard..? :) i havent been for a few months at best, but last time, on offer was CPA and Coopers Mild too. And of course the scrummy pizza.

now your talking pizza and beer! was it wood oven pizza.

wood oven pizza and fine ale go hand in hand IMO :)

tappas and cerveza is good to :beer:

delboy

Loving this thread but lets keep it to your local pub not HB tap.

Batz

I do not have a local... can you believe it? I live in a "dry area" :blink:

I moved into the area 3 months ago and was thinking after a few weeks where the nearest pub might be. On discussing with some locals I have discovered that this is a "dry area". Apparently every year or so some restaurant or cafe tries to get a license... it goes to the council... and gets rejected. I guess the bottle-o's in the area like it!

Back