Show Us Your Local

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangent

Reaction score
With all the phone cameras etc. i thought this would be a cool virtual tour of some of the best (and crappiest) pubs of the AHB world.

Show us your favourite (or crappiest) spot for a yarn with the barmaids and a game of pool.

I'll endeavour to take a few pics around the traps this week.

If it's great, I want to see happy bar staff, if it's crap, i want to see the cockroaches :)

Ok I'll kick it off

Kin Kin Pub
kin_kin_pub.jpg

Soon to be renovated big time,will have 12 beers on tap,with a couple of special beers picked each month by a good local brewer.
You will always get friendly welcome in this small town country pub :beer:

Batz

http://www.gdaypubs.com.au/KinKin/index.html

Draught Bass on Tap I think :unsure:

P_Pub1.jpg

Landsborough Hotel.

No pool table. It was removed due to unruly behavior. (by the patrons, not the table)

Hardly any pokies. Great! :D

I've never sure what to have to drink. VB, XXXX or Old. Hmmm. "Make mine an Old please!"
The beer is megaswill, but it's always good to leave the shed and have a natter. :beer:

Untitled-27.jpg

She's not pretty, but she's my local.

i might do a covert op in my real local pubs instead of the Wheatie which is about 5 pubs away. should be some great pics of old people gambling, old people smoking, old people drinking butchers of west end and old people singing neil diamond songs badly on the karaoke machine :(

to tell the truth i like the look of Batz local the best so far. looks like a pub i'm used to.

lol sounds like one of my local's, butchers with a 'dash'!

West end is watery enough lol

Will def. have to get a couple snaps, anyone here frequent the White Horse or Slug n Lettuce in parafield gdns? White horse happy hour on thurs is 2 hours long, and free raffle for a slab and 3 meat trays on thurs and fri! Awesome fun lol

As for the slug, i dont appreciate paying $7.30 a pint of local beer :-(

i'm the most uninspired gambler but love a meat tray raffle :)

lol sounds like one of my local's, butchers with a 'dash'!

West end is watery enough lol

Will def. have to get a couple snaps, anyone here frequent the White Horse or Slug n Lettuce in parafield gdns? White horse happy hour on thurs is 2 hours long, and free raffle for a slab and 3 meat trays on thurs and fri! Awesome fun lol

As for the slug, i dont appreciate paying $7.30 a pint of local beer :-(
ben,

is that an imperial pint, or an SA pint (NSW Schooner)?

If it's only 425 ml, it's time to set the place on fire, for surely they will burn in hell soon enough.

West End...sorry it's hideous. Couldn't stomach more than 1, even at happy hour prices = Griffin's Head, Adelaide.

Don't get me started on glass sizes!

Seth :angry:

I nominate Stephen to take a happy snap of our local, the Bull n Bush. Plenty of bull, not much bush, IMHO.

My local

Bally Pub - aka Balgownie Hotel

Not too bad a pub - nice beer garden - pleasant atmosphere - occasional live music

There's a "local's section" (that door to the left of cente) which hasn't been touched what so ever - the rest of the pub has been done up

Only thing worth drinking on tap is CPA and there is nothing in bottles worth mentioning either

A schooner is 3.60 for New VB etc

No airconditioning / but it does some really good pub meals (Bally fish-o is across the road too)

And a 2 minute stroll from my place

Cheers

pub_2434244719_1.jpg

West End...sorry it's hideous. Couldn't stomach more than 1, even at happy hour prices
couldn't agree more!

i'm missing the pic Cortez

This is one of the reasons I walk, drier than a reggae musicians tongue, past 3 pubs to get to the Wheatie:
moosmall.jpg

Moo brew :beer: Try and find that in the General Havalook.

hey tangent we gotta get together for a few mate.

del

Mine is the Beach Palace in Coogee, generally crap beers,but I will go the Coopers Pale or the Beez Knees at a pinch, million dollar views though

palacebuilding_1_.jpg

nice Mikem! looks like a hotel in Singapore

Here's the view

But is better from the top floor bar, always feels like your on holiday, and the endless stream of backpackers helps to make it feel that way. I miss the days when the Austral Hotel in Rundle st was my local, back in the day before its beer garden make over

coogeeview_1_.jpg

I remember going to the beach palace when I had too many nights in a row at the coogee bay hotel. the walk home and up the hill and through the cemetary was tough work when you are drunk. that was over 15 years ago now.

The Sandbar in Mildura is now my local. Live bands every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Coopers pale on tap. I'll get a picture next time I am there. Used to be the Mildura Brewery, but I can't drink their beer.

Heres my local

THE HUSKY PUB

The beers are nothing special but its nice to watch the ocean and have a few than off to get some fish and chips and sit on the hill to eat.3533huskyPub640.jpg

Back