Show us your Brew Brat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What could possibly go wrong with a grain mill and small fingers. Luckily its hand cranked!

12451189125_b5b9496067_o.jpg

Don't you just love it when they go to daycare and say things like 'Daddy brew beer!'

Here is my helper (Chester) helping me out on my first AG brew day. Likes to keep an eye on whats going on in the brew house.
I've just planted my first three hop plants too, unfortunately he has taken a liking to the horse poo I have been using and I've noticed that there isn't any horse poo left on the surface of the pot plants! lets hope he doesn't go digging for more..

Edit: added pic after finding he ate my fertilizer.

IMG_1650.JPG

IMG_1604(2).jpg

Alex.Tas said:
Here is my helper (Chester) helping me out on my first AG brew day. Likes to keep an eye on whats going on in the brew house.
I've just planted my first three hop plants too, unfortunately he has taken a liking to the horse poo I have been using and I've noticed that there isn't any horse poo left on the surface of the pot plants! lets hope he doesn't go digging for more..

Edit: added pic after finding he ate my fertilizer
"How do you plead Chester.Tas"
"Guilty your honor, but it was horse poo, and I am a dog."

The dude.
Helping dad clean and passivate the brew bucket for its maiden voyage !

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1405666378.092833.jpg

The happy times did not last long. I accidentally clamped his finger down under one of the clips for the lid.
OUCH.
He is fine now, but the tears flowed like wine and the women did not flock like the salmon of Capistrano.

Anyhow, brew in !!

CF

Here's young Nellie, just gone one year old, having a go after some bottling.IMG_20141012_090059.jpg

while I admit, it's a bit early to label him a brew brat, Im sure I'll have him mashing in in no time..

Hamish joined us today and Im pleased as punch..

Hamish the Mash Monster

Brewbrat2.JPG

Mums doing well and is equally chuffed..

Time for a few celebratory ales..

:super: :beerbang: :D :D

(and yes, it does look like he was born with a 5oclock shadow on that lip.. My man!!)

Congrat's to you & Sandy on Hamish's safe arrival. :super:

Raising my morning cuppa to you.

Big congrats Jesse!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1442349307.699727.jpgHere's my little guy, Will, getting the basics down (he routinely pulls my brewing books down and goes through them). Such a little cutie! - coming on 14-months old now.

Cute as, kids are awesome.
Our first was stillborn at 25 weeks.
Here is our miracle brew brat Zoe 16 months old & can't imagine life without her though!
She likes to check out ingredients and probably has a better sense of smell than me!

1442643794386.jpg

Very, very stoked. While Mommy was unwell my 5 y.o. daughter joined me in the brewery yesterday, washing kegs and fermenters, tasting grain to formulate a recipe I'm working on and pitching a new ferment. She even, totally of her own accord, made her own blend of grain, asked me to mill it and then "Mix it with really hot water". After letting it sit in a vacuum flask for half an hour at 65 ("Daddy, its sweet!") she strained it and mixed it with fruit juice. Not a bad drop! :) She even got a little geography lesson thanks to the grain, "Here's Belgium, here's Germany, here's New Zealand, here's England, here's America." I had a blast, and actually got stuff done too!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1478040695.373770.jpg

Back