Show Us Ya Brew Unit...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bloody clean to be used ! LOL Really its looking good Skip.I thought all you Ferals down at Margretts lived in shacks.Where is the Hydro system?I would put mine up but Im F..ing usless at putting images up.
:icon_cheers: GB

Hi Nev, hope all is well mate, the brew unit needs still is getting run in at the mo', show us a pic of good old 'Black Betty" mate!
:icon_chickcheers:

Hi Nev, hope all is well mate, the brew unit needs still is getting run in at the mo', show us a pic of good old 'Black Betty" mate!
Soon as I work out how to do it ! "Black Betty" has a few major trophies under her belt now, so she is getting a touch screen and her own form factor PC heart, she will not be a slave to the laptop any more. :icon_cheers:
GB

.... so she is getting a touch screen and her own form factor PC heart, she will not be a slave to the laptop any more. :icon_cheers:
GB
damn Nev, dont say youre gonna get a completely computerized brewing system?

damn Nev, dont say youre gonna get a completely computerized brewing system?

how does a computerized system work as in what can the computer do?

how does a computerized system work as in what can the computer do?
the computer can do a lot, I start the brewing process with a mouse click and stop it as well.

1. mouse click: Start brewing
Computer switches on a solenoid valve that opens water flow.
Water flows up to a certain level that the computer detects and switches off the water flow.
Computer switches on the gas burner until a certain temp is reached, the stirrer will be switched on as well.
Buzzer makes a noise to call the brewmaster for mashing in.
After the grain is in, the computer waits around 10mins for that, the next temp stage will be headed for (computer controlled burner)
Whilst the mash is resting at certain temp stages (computer controlled), the stirrer is switched forth and back each couple of mins.
Buzzer calls you for a mashout.
2. mouse click to switches on the wort pump to pump the wort in the HLT
Computer takes over again the process for boiling the hops (calls for hops additions and controls the temp/time).
After all, the computer starts the cleaning process.
Set the stirrer at its highest speed, switches the pump on and let the cleaner recirculate.
Computer shows you the water-in-temp and the wort-out-temp of the plate heat exchanger.

Thats very comfortable, isnt it?

Cheers :icon_cheers:

btw. its even more comfortable if you dont have to use a mouse and do everything by touch screen, I guess thats what Nev is aiming for :icon_chickcheers:

Here's some pics of my Non-computerised Brew Rig...

brew_rig_1small.jpgbrewrigfrontonsmall.jpg
brewrigMashtuntipsmall.jpgbrewrigtipsidesmall.jpg

And CLICK HERE for my answer to the Fully Automated Brew Rig. :lol:

Sqyre... ;)

My single tier system, simple
009-1.jpg

the computer can do a lot, I start the brewing process with a mouse click and stop it as well.

1. mouse click: Start brewing
Computer switches on a solenoid valve that opens water flow.
Water flows up to a certain level that the computer detects and switches off the water flow.
Computer switches on the gas burner until a certain temp is reached, the stirrer will be switched on as well.
Buzzer makes a noise to call the brewmaster for mashing in.
After the grain is in, the computer waits around 10mins for that, the next temp stage will be headed for (computer controlled burner)
Whilst the mash is resting at certain temp stages (computer controlled), the stirrer is switched forth and back each couple of mins.
Buzzer calls you for a mashout.
2. mouse click to switches on the wort pump to pump the wort in the HLT
Computer takes over again the process for boiling the hops (calls for hops additions and controls the temp/time).
After all, the computer starts the cleaning process.
Set the stirrer at its highest speed, switches the pump on and let the cleaner recirculate.
Computer shows you the water-in-temp and the wort-out-temp of the plate heat exchanger.

Thats very comfortable, isnt it?

Cheers :icon_cheers:

btw. its even more comfortable if you dont have to use a mouse and do everything by touch screen, I guess thats what Nev is aiming for :icon_chickcheers:
Yes thats what I am aiming for, comfort and consistency of brews, I am sick of tripping over laptop cables, the laptop is going to get smashed soon.I have all the parts just got to get time to put it together.
GB

Back