Should I Make This?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fodder

Reaction score
1 x 1.5kg Coopers LME tin (pale)
1 x 1.7kg Coopers Australian Pale Ale
500g Dextrose
20g Nelson Sauvin @ 30 min
40g Centennial @ 20 min
40g Centennial @ 10 min

US-05

The reason I ask is I've got all these hops left over from previous brews and just wanting to use them up...However I'm not sure if the Nelsons are going to throw the whole thing out of whack with bitterness....they will certainly add a citrusy/grapefruit flavour, of that im sure -but just how much of that will show through given a 30min boil i dont know...

Your thoughts???

1 x 1.5kg Coopers LME tin (pale)
1 x 1.7kg Coopers Australian Pale Ale
500g Dextrose
20g Nelson Sauvin @ 30 min
40g Centennial @ 20 min
40g Centennial @ 10 min

US-05

The reason I ask is I've got all these hops left over from previous brews and just wanting to use them up...However I'm not sure if the Nelsons are going to throw the whole thing out of whack with bitterness....they will certainly add a citrusy/grapefruit flavour, of that im sure -but just how much of that will show through given a 30min boil i dont know...

Your thoughts???

The good thing about brewing is that anyone can make anything they want. I say have a crack at it, and post your results.
Cheers

Seems like a lot of Centenial in there I would go 20g Centenial@60mins, 20g Centenial + 20g NS@20mins

Then you have a spare 20g Centenial for dry hopping after 5 days or use at flameout.

Seems like a lot of Centenial in there I would go 20g Centenial@60mins, 20g Centenial + 20g NS@20mins

Then you have a spare 20g Centenial for dry hopping after 5 days or use at flameout.

+1, I'd whack NS at no more than 20 minutes (I like 15 minutes). You get all the good flavours without throwing the bitterness to high hell.

Goomba

Latest posts

Back