Short Lengths Of Copper Pipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjparker

Reaction score
Hi,

For my Kettle, I'm going to need a short length of 3/4 inch copper pipe, Bunnings only appear to sell it on the roll, which would give me way more than I need, and it's more than I can afford to spend on this right now.

Does anyone know where I could buy probably about 50cm of it? I could also use a peice the same length in 1/2 inch as well.

Ideas?

Hi,

For my Kettle, I'm going to need a short length of 3/4 inch copper pipe, Bunnings only appear to sell it on the roll, which would give me way more than I need, and it's more than I can afford to spend on this right now.

Does anyone know where I could buy probably about 50cm of it? I could also use a peice the same length in 1/2 inch as well.

Ideas?

bunnings normally have 1metre pieces in pvc pipe in the plumbing isle

ring your local plumbing supply i am sure they would be more then happy to sort you out.

Also take a six pack of your finest to your local scrap metal yard.
I am in Melbourne sth east and have worked up a good relationship with the bloke at the scrap yard in Hallam. I bring him beer, normaly on a Friday afternoon when its most appreciated, and he supplies me with any offcuts and things that I need.
Its also great if I need larger quantities of metal as you cant beat the price of the scrap yard.
I am in the process of building a new mashtun and will be calling on his services for a new stainless false bottom....

Frankly any real hardware store will sell Copper pipe by the meter, both my local M10 and Home hardwares do. Plumbing supplies wont as a rule, they are set up to supply tradies who will be buying lengths.
It always amazes me how often Bunnings gets a mention around here, in my experience they sell crap and arent cheap, I avoid the place like the plague.
MHB

Frankly any real hardware store will sell Copper pipe by the meter, both my local M10 and Home hardware's do. Plumbing supplies wont as a rule, they are set up to supply tradies who will be buying lengths.
It always amazes me how often Bunning's gets a mention around here, in my experience they sell crap and aren't cheap, I avoid the place like the plague.
MHB

I agree, but around me there arent really many other options.

If the scrap metal yard trick doesn't work, open your Yellow Pages to Plumbing and call a couple of local plumbers. Most will have a dozen off cuts rolling around in the back of their utes. Remind them you pay in beer :rolleyes:

Drew

If the scrap metal yard trick doesn't work, open your Yellow Pages to Plumbing and call a couple of local plumbers. Most will have a dozen off cuts rolling around in the back of their utes. Remind them you pay in beer :rolleyes:

Drew
Bloody plumbers, came to do my reno and drank a heap of my beer and made off with all the old copper pipes that they removed. Thieves !
GB

I have some copper pipe at home will measure diameter this arvo & let you know you if it'll suit your needs
Cheers
Steve

Hi,

Ideas?
Clueless PM me, got what you need at home!!!!!!
:icon_cheers:

Back