Serious Q's About Bottling From A Tap (font)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc_ksom

Reaction score
What I need to know is, If you fill from your keg to your bottle and not use the COUNTER FLOW way, or under the same pressure,,, HOW does this make a difference to the finished bottled beer.

The reason I ask is some people here say it does make a difference as you can get WET cardboard flavour, or an oxidised flavour, etc etc....

How will a counter flow be any difference because as soon as you have equalised pressure in the bottle then transfer the beer into the bottle, THE PRESSURE HAS TO BE RELEASED!!!!! then capped,, unless you can cap under pressure,,,, how will it be any different to bottling with out a counter flow...

Casey

a CP filler purges the bottle with CO2 before filling, thus less oxidation. You could give an empty bottle a squirt with CO2 before filling from a tap to reduce oxidation problems too though.

... you'll only have carbonation problems then ;)

Asher for now

I just found out that there should be no problem filling from a normal font tap into a bottle, all that happends is the beer pushes the oxygen out while filling, then the bubbles (foam = head) is full of Co2 then you cap it, they confirm it will not give any oxidisation or flat beers, this is from a brew on premises place in Sydney (nice bloke too )

Casey

kc_ksom,

This was discussed at length here quite recently.

Cheers Ross

Back