• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Selling Two Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBastard

Reaction score
Hello all.

Last year I bought 3 hop rhizomes and grew them in half-wine barrel style pots (they aren't half wine barrels, they are wooden and look like them but a bit smaller).

The rhizomes were 3 for $50 IIRC.

The pots were about $25 each IIRC.

Anyway, I grew them all over the season and now they've died back / been cut back to the ground. This season I just want to grow one rhizome instead of all 3 because my place is small and I'm expecting a bigger yield during the second year obviously.

So I want to sell the other two at cost. I figure this is a decent deal because you'll be getting a full second year rhizome instead of a first year. Those not in the know a second year rhizome should be a lot better than a first year because they spend the first year building a decent root structure.

The two rhizomes for sale are Pride of Ringwood and Tettnang.

I'm in Brisbane and as they're in pots with soil local pickup only.

So let's say $40 each. I'm just trying to recoup costs, nothing more.

I can take pics of the pots if you want but I'd be reluctant to dig up a rhizome just to take a photo.

Hello all.

Last year I bought 3 hop rhizomes and grew them in half-wine barrel style pots (they aren't half wine barrels, they are wooden and look like them but a bit smaller).

The rhizomes were 3 for $50 IIRC.

The pots were about $25 each IIRC.

Anyway, I grew them all over the season and now they've died back / been cut back to the ground. This season I just want to grow one rhizome instead of all 3 because my place is small and I'm expecting a bigger yield during the second year obviously.

So I want to sell the other two at cost. I figure this is a decent deal because you'll be getting a full second year rhizome instead of a first year. Those not in the know a second year rhizome should be a lot better than a first year because they spend the first year building a decent root structure.

The two rhizomes for sale are Pride of Ringwood and Tettnang.

I'm in Brisbane and as they're in pots with soil local pickup only.

So let's say $40 each. I'm just trying to recoup costs, nothing more.

I can take pics of the pots if you want but I'd be reluctant to dig up a rhizome just to take a photo.

Does Hops grow well in Brisbane? I'd love to try it but I thought a colder climate was needed!

hi mark,

would be interested in the tett, from memory ur in nundah?

cheers
matt

yeah mate I'm in Nundah and if you want the Tett it's yours.

Another bold aus, heaps of people are growing hops in Brisbane and having good results. You wouldn't commercially grow them in Bris probably but for home use they're able to grow fine.

yeah mate I'm in Nundah and if you want the Tett it's yours.

Another bold aus, heaps of people are growing hops in Brisbane and having good results. You wouldn't commercially grow them in Bris probably but for home use they're able to grow fine.

Hi mark,
thanks mate i'll take the tett. I'm out and about today and can pick up if that suits, or let me know what works for you. I'm flat out on sat tho.

Cheers matt

Thanks Mark - I'm keen on the Pride of Ringwood rhizome. I'll PM you for the details.

Hi Mark,

Let me know if either sale falls through, I'll be interested if they do.

g'day mark,

thought i'd post a couple of pics of the rhizome a got off you today. i removed it and lifted it up and added more soil as you suggested. thanks and i cant wait for the first crop.

cheers
matt
tett_rhizome.jpg
tett_replanted.jpg

Latest posts

Back