• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Second-Hand Grain Mill.. Brisbane area

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaveFun

Reaction score
My guess would be that in about a month there were will be a lot of second hand mills available at great prices as many are upgrading to the fluted MM.

and what are you guys thinking about the Marcato Marga Mulino Grain Mill ? Its a 3 roller one..

Thanks
Cheers
Stefan

For that money id get a mill made for crushing malt for making beer. The Marcato looks like its for making flour for bread making. Similar has been ised in the past but purpose built is better imho.

marga.jpg

I've been using a Marga for over 8 years with excellent results and many an award win. It used to be a big seller on CraftBrewer and Ross sold heaps. It has been out of stock for a long time and used to be around $120 which was brilliant value, and still is by the looks of it. However it does need "modding" - which is fairly simple as you can see from this old thread.

You do this by removing a plate and drilling a hole in a guide wheel. Out of the box it's set up for several flour and groats settings, you just drill one for malt crushing. Self explanatory once you get your hands on the thing.
You can make a hopper out of Bunnings guttering parts.

A very useful further mod is to get the (removable) handle straightened and cut off to form a drill bit for your high torque low speed drill. It fits into the centre hole as it's meant to do.

Marga 2.jpg

As you can see mine is clamped to the end of a "pirate plank" setup that I slide over a washing up bucket to collect the grain.

I'm now in a bulk buy for a mini mill as the Marga is getting a bit wobbly after a few hundred brews, but I can thoroughly recommend for the price.

edit: if the bulk buy hadn't come up I was going to try to get another Marga anyway, but was under the impression they were no longer imported. Pleased to see from your post that you can still get the wee beasties.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back