Seal floating in fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakemaca

Reaction score
G'day. New to brewing after gifted with coppers fermenter. 4 brews in and all is well. Although this latest batch i noticed what looked like a white seal floating in my fermenting beer. I cannot recall a white rubber seal inside the coppers fermenter so where did it come from? The only other place it could have come from was the 15l wort kit i purchased to make my brew? Any one with similar experiences or comments?
20190108_174421.jpg

The only other place it could have come from was the 15l wort kit i purchased to make my brew?

I'm with WEAL here, that's exactly where it came from. If you've still got the FWK cube, take the lid off and have a look under the lid - the white seal from inside the lid has come off and stuck to the rim of the cube, then has come off and in to your fermenter as you poured the wort in

I'm with WEAL here, that's exactly where it came from. If you've still got the FWK cube, take the lid off and have a look under the lid - the white seal from inside the lid has come off and stuck to the rim of the cube, then has come off and in to your fermenter as you poured the wort in
Thats mate. I recycled the FW container so i cannot confirm but i believe your right.

Yep. Seal from the fwk cube. Happened to me once. I saw it fall in and decided to leave it as I figured it was sterilized when packed. Beer was fine.

Latest posts

Back