(SE Melb) Headmaster glasses 6 for $5 @ 'Save More' Super

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfy

Reaction score
I'm not selling these myself so assuming this is the right spot for it ... I thought some local AHB members might be interested.

The 'Save More' Discount supermarket in Springvale (on the Hwy adjacent to Bunnings, across from Sanddown race track, and just around the corner from Keg King) have 425ml Headmaster beer glasses for sale at 6 for $5.
Nice heavy solid glasses, the same (without the branding) that the Archive Bar in Brisbane use (last time I was there anyway).

Wolfy I love you. Got a beer drinking day coming up and these will be perfect!

Shit thats a great price, some retailers want over $5 each

Love those Archive glasses, much prefer them over the 'normal' headmasters.

Awesome price. Found these at my local $2 shop for, you guessed it, $2 each and was chuffed, but that's a bargain. They're definitely a solid glass and would hate to walk into a pub that uses them and start flinging big words around. :ph34r:

I suspected they were cheap counterfeits as they don't have the registered trade mark my other headmasters have but your pics show otherwise. Nice find.

These are my house glasses, and I paid a shipload more than that even, with a BB.
They are great glasses, I wonder if they would ship a box to Qld.?

Batz

Hope to be doing deliveries at work somewhere near there tomorrow

I must be the only guy who doesnt like them. My old man has six. The moulding of them.is crap and bubbled at the bottom. I dislike rhem must be a bad batch.

Any body able to grab me 4 of these and package up to post. Will cover all costs......
I'm in the sticks and would love some of these..

yum beer said:
Any body able to grab me 4 of these and package up to post. Will cover all costs......
I'm in the sticks and would love some of these..
I might head there to grab some on the weekend, if I do I'll get an extra 4 for you and PM you.

unless they were hiding them (or a different spot (the guy I asked showed me the tumblers)), there all gone, they only had wine glasses and "tumblers" when I just popped in.

They are the standard "pint" glasses in New Zealand. Number of pubs in Sydney now use them as their schooner glasses. I've got one Kiwi model that accompanied me home :ph34r:

mxd said:
unless they were hiding them (or a different spot (the guy I asked showed me the tumblers)), there all gone, they only had wine glasses and "tumblers" when I just popped in.
There is (was) another pallet near the back. I bought six this morning.

Local pub may have bought the lot, I wish I could get a box for $20.00.

Batz

mxd said:
They are not in the 'racks' on the right hand side of the shop with the other glasses and housewares, but in the middle 'isle' toward the back near the freezer on a pallet on the floor mixed in with all the food (tried to show this in the photo).

I just grabbed 5 boxes and 2 boxes of wine glasses! At a quick count they still had about 15 boxes of glasses left.

OzPaleAle said:
I just grabbed 5 boxes and 2 boxes of wine glasses! At a quick count they still had about 15 boxes of glasses left.

untitled.png

i just grabbed 2 boxes. 12-15 unopened boxes left plus a couple of opened. Second aisle from right, on the right hand side towards the back, between the mothers and pringles. Go you good thing!

Latest posts

Back