Scottish Pubs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O'Henry

Reaction score
I am moving to Scotland for work and will be living somewhere North of Aberdeen. Anyone know some good pubs here or in the surrounds? Chasing real ale...

Also, any stuff I should be definantly doing while I am there? I've never been to the UK.

Edit: to avoid all the BrewDog recommends, I will be working there, so have that bit covered.

North of Aberdeen hey? Sounds like brewdog country to me :) . Sorry I can't help with pub suggestions though, in my limited experience travelling around the Aberdeen/Inverness area, real ale is going to be a bit harder to come by.

I have the camra real ale guide 2011, i will be touring the UK soon.

Listings for Aberdeen

Aitchies Ale House - 10 Trinity St , AB11 5LY

Archibald Simpson - 5 Castle St, AB11 5BQ - this pub has cask marquee accreditation, which means your usually guaranteed a good pint of well looked after ale.

Carriages - 101 crown st, AB11 6HH

Grill - 213 Union St, AB11 6BA - Heritage pub

Ma Camerons - 6 - 8 little belmont st, AB10 1JG , cask marquee

Moorings - 2 Trinity Quay, AB11 5AA

Old Blackfriars - 52 Castle St, AB11 588

Prince of Wales - 7 st nicholas lane , AB10 1HF

Under the Hammer - 11 north silver st, AB10 1R

Skene - North weast of Aberdeen

Red star - Kirktown of skene, AB32 6XE

Inverurie - further north

Edwards - 2 west high st, AB51 35A

Hope that helps mate

In Aberdeen town the Ferryhill House Hotel used to have a huge selection of Malt Whisky don't know if they still do as it was 82-84 when I was there. There is also the Ferryhill Tavern in the same area.

What are you doing for Brewdog ? sounds like the dream opportunity brings us back some Bismark ;)

Wonder why Brewdog have an Indian Brewmaster there.

Some good Indian restaurants in Aberdeen.

P.S. take warm clothes it is bloody freezing all year round the wind cuts to the bone. Gritters on standby in July.

Go a bottle of buckfast make sure it is well chilled. Drink from the bottle and it is best to go the whole neck on first go. We used to stick the top to are heads as we drank it. There are numbers on the bottle try and find the low ones. a trip over to northern Ireland then travyel down to the south. ;)

Latest posts

Back