Score! Keg Sys Bits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel.lear

Reaction score
All,

As the title says i have "acquired" myself a new drip tray for my fridge, which saves me making or buying one.

Plus while scrounging around i found this SS Coca-cola Procon carbonation pump and motor, Much to good to be left lying around i said, so i acquired that as well.

My next question is what do i use it for?? Glycol, Water pump for CFC?

Leary

DSC00064.JPG

DSC00065.JPG

DSC00066.JPG

All,

As the title says i have "acquired" myself a new drip tray for my fridge,
Shame it looks too narrow for your tap setup. If you over pour a frothy beer there looks like a 45% chance it will miss the drip tray. Maybe mount under only one tap?

MD

He'll just have to make sure the glasses are held at an angle away from the fridge and across towards the other tap (if only using 1 tap at a time) so froth lands on the tray.

Nice looking tray Leary

-cdbrown

I agree with Doc_D, too narrow...best you put it in the post to me, now :D

Do you know what the workings of the pump are, Diapraghm, piston ?

Do you know what the workings of the pump are, Diapraghm, piston ?
Rotary vane, not huge displacement ~300l/hr from memory but quite high pressure. They work well as tig torch cooler pumps

Vane might be OK for glycol then...

You must be a night owl Daz, always see you posting way late at night.

I have a procon on one of my espresso machines. they seem to be built for constant pressure rather than efficiency.
I would be uncomfortable running one full time as a recirc pump.

Vane might be OK for glycol then...

You must be a night owl Daz, always see you posting way late at night.
Glycol pump for a python is another common use, I was gifted one a little while back and it will probably go for a torch cooler if I can find a nice little watercooled tig torch at the right price.

Somehow my body clock has timeshifted to the extreme, I hate waking up in the morning but cant sleep at night unless I am knackered even if I go to bed early :(

I have a procon on one of my espresso machines. they seem to be built for constant pressure rather than efficiency.
I would be uncomfortable running one full time as a recirc pump.

At my old work a very similar looking Procon pump used to be used for the deionized water supply. Used to run fairly constantly, and pump water to a high head (three floors). Under this sort of service the pump head would last about 3-5 years.

I have taken an old one apart it has lots of crevices and looks like it would be hard (but not impossible) to sanitize. Would be ideal for moving hot water or glycol round the brewery, and it doesn't need priming.

Only parts in contact with fluid are graphite and stainless.

Cheers,
PJO

Should also be able to throttle it down. My only reasoning for this is that espresso is delivered under fairly intense pressure of around 0.9 bar (near enough to 100kPa).

Often wondered how well a rotary pump would fare for wort recirculation. :unsure:

Warren -

Back