Scales

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Did you guys see Jazmans post on Grumpys site?
He scored some digital scales from big w for $30

Now seems they are the same brand that I paied $50 plus $10 postage , from ebay

I am happy with these scales but suggest ( thanks to Jazman) you guys go grab set from big w

This the pic from ebay

Hey Batz,

i have these same scales, got no probs from my end...quite good. :p

Cheers

p.s. yeh same thing ebay for $50 <_<

I got the same set of scales from JayCar for about $30 6 months ago...

Did I get ripped off

Did I get ripped off ???

Yep seems like it ! :angry: :angry:

///

[Admin edit: removed 15 carriage returns]

I bought a similar set of scales. French made... can't remember the name now. 2g accuracy up to 5Kg then 5g accuracy up to 8kg or something. Bought em for $40 from Victoria's Basement - last one left floor demo stock. Similar accuracy scales from DJ's and GB's cost over $100, so even $50 is a good price.

Batz, don't worry about what you paid for them. So long as they measure your grain and hops, they are a usable tool and will last you for years. However, it is a common ebay mistake - I see tons of people paying much more than retail for stuff. The thinking seems to be "if someone else has bid this much, it must still be at an OK price, so the extra few bucks isn't unreasonable."

I did'nt bid for it , it was off an ebay shop , I have to buy like this sometimes , we have very choice living in a remote location.
Does'nt matter I am happy with them

mine are different batz some cheap chinese one it called master class it only goes to 2kg with 1 grm gradiation i got it for hops and with grain just means i have to split it more but bloody cheap

Mine gp tp 2kg and in 1gm gradiations as well

Back