Sandgroper Christmas Case 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you have a great afternoon/ evening peoples. Wish I was there ! My absence is however somewhat satiated by a visit to the Wig and Pen this evening :)
:chug:
DSC00715.JPG

Many thanks to Case and Bev for hosting, 'twas a good arvo. Some very nice beers both homebrew and the range of US beers kindly offered around by Ant.

04122010079.jpg 04122010081.jpg

big thanks to Mr and Mrs Sinkas for puting on the day. Only wish I could have hung around longer

Ditto! Working all weekend put a bit of a spanner in the works.

Thanks also to Ant for once again spoiling us silly.

Pearl Harbour still needs to carb so leave it somewhere warm for a few weeks! The bitterness/hop pungency could prob do with a few extra weeks to mellow too...

It was great to put a few names to faces. Spewing I had to leave early. Thanks to Case for his hospitality :icon_cheers:
Has anyone started a tasting thread or are we just posting in this one?

Cheers, John.

P.S.- jyo's amber is very ready to drink; the multiple infections should be peaking by now.

Thanks guys, had an awsome time, loved the Turkey. Cant wait for next year

Yeah thanks Case :) Was awesome meeting a swag of you. Sorry I couldn't have stayed longer.

Cheers for surrendering the house Case - was a great arvo. Thanks to all that brought some tasty beverages and comestibles; didn't drink a bad beer or have a bad mouthfull all day! Looking forward to starting into the beers this week!

Thanks to everyone for making it a great day

Special thanks to Rusty our resident oregonnian deep fryer, ( I decided to give him the extra christmas case) as without his cooking, we would have all starved.

Extraspecial thanks to all who brought along snacks and weird and wacky beers to share.

Biscuits and gravy were tasty,
The Duck and Dubble Porcini stuffing didnt last
All poultry was brined in long a carton of PAulanaer oktoberfest and palm sugar/salt

Thanks to whoever drank a quarter of a keg of the Belgian Quad, hope you made it to work today

If anyone is missing anything, there are a few glasses, tupperware and a bar with 10 taps left in the yard..

Mr and Mr Sinkas, thanks for your hospitality and a great day with great food and beer. I was a bit dusty Sunday, so smaller servings for me next year.

Case Swap Pics Here

Saturday was great, finally got to meet a few more of the local brew legends.
Special thanks to Mr. & Mrs Sinkas for opening their home to us all.
I had to drive so i couldnt drink much but whatever I tasted was EXCELLENT.

Wish I could of hung around longer but we are in the process of moving home and had to get back to packing/unpacking....fun

Cant wait to start cracking some of these wicked beers!

Cheers all, :beer:

James

PS Some funny labels too- Rye Curious (multy cultural) label was a pissa, my wife chuckled her arse off

I join in thanking Case and Bev for hosting the case swap. Great food... smoked ribs, turkey, chicken..... :icon_drool2:

Looking forward to taste the beers!!!

Cheers
CDJ

Back