Sandgroper Christmas Case 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the time it took to update,

Now completely closed,

Remember: there is no backing out, so Its either front up with beer you made, or front up with a appropriate commercial alternative, swap date was changed especially for RandyROb, so winge to him if it clashes with your waxing appointment

Also feel free to now list what beer you are preparing,

Cool, seeya there!!!!

German pilsener or a Marzen....still to decide which one. Both of them lagering atm.....

So it turns out I'm going to be overseas on th case swap weekend.

I live in Duncraig, work in Osborne Park... anyone live or work nearby who can take my case and return with my mixed case?

Yes I have a genuine yank frying a turkey, and there will also be some smoked chooks, and maybe a cajun boilup, It will be a child friendly event, so unforuantley the wanton fryup of previous years may not be an option, but If you want it fried, bring it along

I also have a new york jewish pastry chef preparing some "biscuits", so we can taste what yanks think "biscuity" is

A reminder, I dont have a bar, or anything approximating one, so please think about what you might be abel to offer in terms of such a device, I hope AusDB is around, and can MCGyver something together on the day

The tap wall from my 40th birthday bash is still semi constructed so with some forethought and planning (unfortunately I am not known for either of those) and someones trailer this could be got to your house in advance of the big day

Will be bringing an American Amber. Had my last sample bottle on the weekend at 1 month and is drinking very nicely. Looking forward to the day.
Cheers, John.

Sadly I'll be in Canberra till the 15th :-(
Case, is is possible to drop off my case around the 30th Nov and collect my swapped case shortly after the 15th ?
Spewing about the timing :(
I'll have to drown my sorrows at the Wig & Pen :drinks:

So it turns out I'm going to be overseas on th case swap weekend.

I live in Duncraig, work in Osborne Park... anyone live or work nearby who can take my case and return with my mixed case?

Anyone help a brother out? I can deliver and pick up, just trying to find anyone who lives nearby...

Anyone help a brother out? I can deliver and pick up, just trying to find anyone who lives nearby...

I'm in Mt Hawthorn, so not too much of a detour from Osbourne Park. I'm happy to be your courier if you can't find anyone closer.

Just wondering how many people have brews for this on the ferment atm? I pitched mine two days ago, so it will be super fresh :ph34r:...

Heard of one attendee who is brewing theirs this weekend, probably today.

[quote name='O'Henry' post='701038' date='Nov 7 2010, 02:10 PM']Just wondering how many people have brews for this on the ferment atm? I pitched mine two days ago, so it will be super fresh :ph34r:...[/quote]

My yeast is on the stir plate for mine as I type...

The beer doesn't have to be drinkable on the weekend but if it requires aging update the thread accordingly.

Mines pretty much finished fermenting. Was on the ball this year :p

Mines pretty much finished fermenting. Was on the ball this year :p

Just checked the date of bottling, and mine will be nearly 3 months old for the swap. I didn't think it had been that long.... It should be plenty of time for the cardboard flavours, lactic infections and overall crapiness to mellow out nicely :D
Cheers, John.

Mine is cc'ing now, will bottle on the day of the swap or a week before.

So while I may have pitched it 3 days ago, it seems to have finished now. Guess it knew it had to get done. Now to wait and see if it tastes good...

Done. Ready to go... :icon_chickcheers:

103_1286.JPG

Haha. Looks good. I'm looking forward to trying it :D

I have not brewed in over a year and sadly let the team down last year with not attending at GL's house. But I do miss you guys and the kind of talk that only ever happens amongst brewers. If I promise to bring beer, can I come along?

It's on the 4th, right?

Hi ther Deebee, great to hear that you are still "around", sure, come on down, will send out details this week

thinking of bringing my randall along anyone got a beer they want to run thru it?

Latest posts

Back