Sandgroper Christmas Case 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a great day was had Simon. Also looks like you sent Doogie home trashed - lol!

Is the bloke in the middle of the first photo Batz's brother or what???

All the best to you and the others for Xmas etc.

:icon_cheers:
Pat

I was robbed for the label comp! Obviously none of you people understand minimalism. I was making a witty social commentary about the plight of Bolivian peasant coffee growers, and it went right over your heads.

To quote the great Ronan Keating:
"You say it best. When you say. Nothing at all."

PS. Jolly goood show Capt'n and Mrs Sensible. Thanks again for your hospitality, it was up to its usual high standard.

Another great day of beer snobbery, regards to the hosts and newcomers,
what is the beer with the thin character on red background, as I didnt get one of those

what is the beer with the thin character on red background, as I didnt get one of those

That is Goats beer with first place winning label. There should be a spare one in my shed, mind you Goat wasnt exactly talking it up!

I had an absolute blast!

Thanks a lot Simon for a great day and to all the attendees as well

I was robbed for the label comp! Obviously none of you people understand minimalism. I was making a witty social commentary about the plight of Bolivian peasant coffee growers, and it went right over your heads.

To quote the great Ronan Keating:
"You say it best. When you say. Nothing at all."

Except when the label on someone else beer falls off (a black one) and you are left scratching your head going which bottle do I stick this back on?
Luckily I was sober enough early on to remember that your bottle had a white cap and the other one had a black cap.

Maybe an anti label comp next year or everyone uses Coopers PET bottles and all black lids and we have a lucky dip swap?

Simon & Fleur,

Was a great way to kick off the festive season, Thank you for keeping it real for yet another year.

I've lost count how many glassed Doogiechap smashed, I Nominate him next year to be the one wearing the High Vis Jacket :D

Rob.

Maybe an anti label comp next year or everyone uses Coopers PET bottles and all black lids and we have a lucky dip swap?

Would be a great test of our taste buds and probably a more thought provoking process than planting a seed and telling someone what it is they are drinking, but i could just imagine rocking up to a mates bbq with a few bottles of swap beers under my arm and them all end up being 10% Belgians

Huge thanks to Simon and Fleur for another great day and putting up with us all again.

Thanks to everyone else for not dumping on me too much for the commercial offering, it won't happen again!
I promise to bring one of my disasters next year ;)

Phew ! I'm still alive.... I think. Its been a bit of a slow day today.

Fleur and Simon - thank you very much again for hosting a brilliantly organised and run CC day, I had a great time and enjoyed (a few too many) unbelievably good beers !

I am humbled by the prize for lables (I won't hold my breath for similar results on the contents...). Reuben was very pleased with his artwork being recognised by our august body of Connoisseurs.

Our guests opened a champagne here yesterday. I think it lost something in translation because it tasted like shampoo; but you should have seen the label - one of the flashest I've seen. Is this your modus operandi Linc?
Thanks to all who worked hard on Saturday whilst I just stood around drinking great beers.

Simon and Fleur, thanks for the great day! and thanks for all the people that helped!!

That turkey was awesome!

Top day GL!

Thanks to all involved especially those who whipped up cool culinary delicacies to fry.
Was great to meet some new faces and catch up with some old ones, suck on some tasty beers, tasty balls & tasty turkey...

- Hop batter gets a special mention.

Did the squeeze test on my case beers Sunday morning to figure out which ones were deserved of fridge space straight up - Will see how well I did and adjust now I have seen the notes!

Cheers to everyone

Asher

Our guests opened a champagne here yesterday. I think it lost something in translation because it tasted like shampoo; but you should have seen the label - one of the flashest I've seen. Is this your modus operandi Linc?
Thanks to all who worked hard on Saturday whilst I just stood around drinking great beers.
I just gave Goat a heart attack!! In case there's doubt, I was referring to a bottle of dodgy Yarra valley fizzy white, not his wonderfully constructed masterpiece which is stored with all the rest, waiting until it is determined what is ready and what should be cellared.

Miffed I couldn't make this!! Looked like heaps of fun.
Will say thanks to Simon for organising it all, and thanks to all the brewers. I'm very excited to try these beers, and I hope mine is well received :)
I'll make a bigger point of actually attending next year!

Miffed I couldn't make this!! Looked like heaps of fun.
Will say thanks to Simon for organising it all, and thanks to all the brewers. I'm very excited to try these beers, and I hope mine is well received :)
I'll make a bigger point of actually attending next year!

Your beers are in my shed and I am working from home today.

Oh. I swung passed around 11. Didn't get an answer and the dogs were inside so I went and grabbed it. Cheers :)

OK, your beers arent in my shed! I was out getting the CO2 bottle filled as you buggers emptied it.

Brown PET bottle :rolleyes: but with a white cap. No markings whatsoever. Any ideas ?
There's a few with white caps, but the rest have labels/markings.
Had one sticker depart company with it's respective bottle, but think I've got that one sorted, just no idea on this other.

Brown PET bottle :rolleyes: but with a white cap. No markings whatsoever. Any ideas ?
There's a few with white caps, but the rest have labels/markings.
Had one sticker depart company with it's respective bottle, but think I've got that one sorted, just no idea on this other.

It's barfridge's IPA

Latest posts

Back